Always remember to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
zip up your saddle bag.
Big lesson learned today. Forgot to do it, put my mobile in and am now minus a mobile phone.
It wasnt too bad, the mobile wasnt an expensive one, but the pictures i had on were of my bike, some scenery, and a video of the fireworks at new year.
So am now minus a mobile, and some money to get a new one, which i was going to spend on something nice for my bike. :sad:

If anyone was in Nottingham today at around 4 till 5:30, and found a Nokia 6330 in a yellow duster, could i have it back?

Joe

simonali

Guru
I found 5 quid in one that I had in the garage, which made up for the fiver I lost the other week whilst walking the dog!

A couple years ago in a narrow section of a path I clipped the fence:blush:. Whilst it wasn't enough to knock me off it must have been enough to unclip my Topeak bag with my phone and keys in it. I was lucky another cyclist must have came along a minute later and spotted it and rang the house to say he'd found it.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, it went to answer phone, then i rang it again, it rang and rang then went to answer phone, then i rang it again and it went to answer phone. Me and dad went out in the car to look for it but couldn't find it. Could hope that someone rings up to say they have it, but i dont think they will. The chavs round here will have that sold off quick, or just smash it up.
:sad:

longers

Legendary Member
Bad luck Joe.

I lost £10 from mine last weekend. I hope someone found it and had tea and cakes at the Cat and Fiddle Cafe on me. I'd hate to think of it going to waste in a ditch somewhere.

A few years ago I dropped my phone while MTBing, I assumed I'd dropped it near the start of the trail and went back and walked it using my sisters phone to ring it. I found it 2 hours later 15 yards from the other end of the trail :sad:

Maz

Guru
I forgot to zip my saddle bag too once.

My bunch of keys fell out...only realised when I reached work and tried to open the office door. Retraced my route and 7 miles later found them half sunk into the road tarmac.

Despite being bent and worse for wear they all still worked perfectly.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not done that one.

Yet.

I did set off without doing up the quick release on the rear brake after fixing an unplanned deflation tonight though (realised before I got to the scary hill mind...)

wafflycat

Top Bottom