Always suffering with sweat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukfan

Hi all:smile:

I seem to lately be suffering terribly in the hot weather. Even a short walk leaves me pouring with sweat yet I don't feel tired or short of breath. My diet is ok and I rarely drink and don't smoke. I've recently started cycling to work (14mile round trip) and just seem to be constantly sweaty. I do realise its very hot, but even in winter I don't feel the cold. I'm 24 not overweight, and have a BMI of 24% but not sure on the fat to muscle ratio there. Any help would be appreciated

C

chillyuk

They were the first signs and symptoms I had when I developed Graves disease. I was working nights and would take several changes of uniform to get through the shift.

mark barker

Hey UKFan, I'm just the same, always have been. Even in the middle of winter I'm happy to go out with just a sweatshirt on, everyone else seems to dress like eskimos! During this hotter weather I just make sure I take on plenty of fluids, and I've never felt any ill effects.

jimboalee

I went for a blast on my SWorks yesterday. A quick 50 miles.

I wore a tee shirt under my road jersey and boy, did I sweat.

The ride took me 2hrs 50mins, which is just over 17.75 mph average.

I'm encouraged by the fact I can still get 2/3 of Pro speed...:tongue: , on open roads with traffic...:biggrin:

My tee shirt was soaked through and there were wet patches on my road jersey.

I have always sweated buckets - some people do - apart from being wet through all the while I find I tend to tolerate hot weather better than a lot of people - not so keen on the cold

If it has suddenly started it will be worth getting GP to do a check up - worth it for peace of mind

I think it's normal. Some folks sweat a lot and some folks don't. Since school I've always been able soak clothing in copious amount of sweat, summer or winter, when working out. I just have to make sure to carry enough water.

I got asked to leave a spin class due the small lake of sweat I left on the floor after each session.

Trek Trauma Chris

I too have always sweated, certainly for the last 35 yrs. I have always kept myself fit and it was once explained to me that fit people sweat more, even when doing nothing if the conditions are warm, because the body takes the rise in temperature as the trigger to keep cool in the same way it does when you exercise. In other words the body cannot tell the difference between hot weather and exercise, so it automatically starts to keep cool.

jimboalee said:
6 O2 + C6H12O6 = 6 CO2 + 6 H2O

If anyone want's to check my workings..

1kCal ( 0.25g ) of C6H12O6 used gives 0.22915 g H2O.

So the answer is to take only one spoon of sugar in your pint of coffee?

ShinSplint

jimboalee said:
I went for a blast on my SWorks yesterday. A quick 50 miles.

I wore a tee shirt under my road jersey and boy, did I sweat.

The ride took me 2hrs 50mins, which is just over 17.75 mph average.

I'm encouraged by the fact I can still get 2/3 of Pro speed...:sad: , on open roads with traffic...:smile:

My tee shirt was soaked through and there were wet patches on my road jersey.

What were you thinking about wearing a t-shirt ? xx(

Just out of interest Jim, do you mind me asking how old you are?

dav1d

ukfan said:
Hi all:smile:

I seem to lately be suffering terribly in the hot weather. Even a short walk leaves me pouring with sweat yet I don't feel tired or short of breath. My diet is ok and I rarely drink and don't smoke. I've recently started cycling to work (14mile round trip) and just seem to be constantly sweaty. I do realise its very hot, but even in winter I don't feel the cold. I'm 24 not overweight, and have a BMI of 24% but not sure on the fat to muscle ratio there. Any help would be appreciated

I get sweaty even in cold weather, even though I never used to, and I've been cycling since I was 8, it didn't happen until I was around 14 years old, but it was just in my hands then. Now it's everywhere! I also often have windows open and a fan on when other people say it's too cold.

You could try Mitchum 48 hour antiperspirant dedorant (use it everyday though instead ofevery 2 days!) during the day - and one such as Driclor at night (from the chemists).

Top Bottom