Am I a bad person?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I purchased a Lezyne Micro floor pump with gauge online from a well known company that was on offer for £24.49 (from 37.79) a few weeks ago, but they sent me one without the gauge, I returned it and they refunded me. I then asked them if I could have the item I`d ordered for £24.49 after seeing that the offer had gone and it was back up to its original price of £37.79, they agreed and gave me a voucher code for £13.30.

I then used the code to purchase one without the gauge for £31.49 minus the £13.30 that made it £18.19.

I feel bad :sad:

young Ed

Veteran
don't give in like that, you are the customer and you parted with your hard earnt so you should get what you ordered even if they did make a mistake first time around.
you ordered it at one price so you should get what you ordered at that price
Cheers Ed

bpsmith

Veteran
don't give in like that, you are the customer and you parted with your hard earnt so you should get what you ordered even if they did make a mistake first time around.
you ordered it at one price so you should get what you ordered at that price
Cheers Ed
I believe the OP used the voucher to actually buy something else, not the item they originally wanted to order again.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Nooo, they paid you the difference for a discount rather than give you the item you wanted, so you used your discretion and applied the same discount to a different product. They wanted to discount you. No losers...apart from the poor, unwanted pump with gauge, of course...unless it likes where it is, but unless you speak pump, you'll never know.

OP
OP
Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
In effect, the OP has transferred the reduction to an item that didn't have the discount. The OP may have been under some pressure to make the switch but we'll never be able to gauge how much.

£24.49 one minute and then £37.79 the next! Thats inflation for you...

You're clearly a psychopath

I think you`ve blown it up out of all proportion...

young Ed

Veteran
I believe the OP used the voucher to actually buy something else, not the item they originally wanted to order again.
i think he used the voucher code to buy the same pump they sent him first time round just at a higher price
Cheers Ed

bpsmith

Veteran
i think he used the voucher code to buy the same pump they sent him first time round just at a higher price
Cheers Ed
No. He used the discount to buy the pump that was sent in error, rather than the one he supposedly wanted to start with. The question being, was it unethical to use the discount clearly meant to give him the offer he tried to use originally rather than buying the cheaper pump to start with. The result being that he had the cheaper pump at a discount price, when it was actually never on offer.

Unethical if you want to be pedantic and literal in a court of law. In reality, who cares?

young Ed

Veteran
No. He used the discount to buy the pump that was sent in error, rather than the one he supposedly wanted to start with. The question being, was it unethical to use the discount clearly meant to give him the offer he tried to use originally rather than buying the cheaper pump to start with. The result being that he had the cheaper pump at a discount price, when it was actually never on offer.

Unethical if you want to be pedantic and literal in a court of law. In reality, who cares?
sorry yes, that us what i meant but it would appear i'm not very clear :sad:
basically the long and short of it is he hasn't got the pump he wanted
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom