Am I a fuddy duddy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
My bikes have freewheels, I don't have them clipless pedal thingies, don't wear cycling shorts, bike steel and alu...am a cycling fuddy duddy?

It's a broad church Ludwig, keep on keeping on.

Tynan

Veteran
I started off doing 30 miles a day in jeans and trainers on an MTB

20 years later I'm tearing around on something nice with clipless silver shoes, shiny blue bib shorts etc etc

it's all good

D

Deleted member 1258

Ludwig you are not alone, if your a fuddy duddy so am I, over the last twenty years plus the only specialized gear I have worn are cycle shoes. It does not matter what you wear as long as you are comfortable and out on your bike and enjoying yourself.

postman

Legendary Member
If i cannot do one ride a week.I get the blues.Even a quick 25 is better than nothing.Also i have built up a great relationship with cafe owners.Dunnes cafe in Otley is brill and i even have a fave table.Also riverside at Knaresbro' it is the people you meet along the way that makes the day.I bought a decent off road bike in April and to talk with the people on the canal side is just brill.And just short of Ellis Briggs on the canal side are two women who have a mobile cafe.Great fun with them.Fuddy duddy or all the gear makes no difference.Cycling is just the best.

Moonlight

When I grow up I want to be a fuddy duddy!

I'll leave it 30-40 years though.

Also, anyone that posts with considerable effort on CycleChat is automatically going to cycle heaven, so it doesn't really matter...

I think I must be a fuddy duddy too!

Only thing I would add ...

Lots of stuff is just to be trendy or to feel good (or cos you want to spend money)
Other stuff will make you enjoy cycling more, avoid pains and discomfort and encourage you to cycle more. That is worth having.

bonj2

What you said was "am I a fuddy-duddy?" but what you actually meant was, "I am a fuddy duddy, does it matter?"

Top Bottom