Am I doing this right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Just wondering if I'm doing this cycling thing right... In the past few days I've cycled 0 miles... Nothing.
In the past 24 hours I've purchased. .
Jersey
Jacket
Helmet
Buff
Water bottle and cage
CREE led light

My question is.. Am I doing it right? Ha... Get it all set up and it all starts today... Maybe tomorrow, wind depending... .

-Squirrel

byegad

Legendary Member
Sounds good, at this time of year I do the same.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh, sounds fine.

I spent a small fortune whilst off sick recovering from an operation.

Hmm let's start, New chainset for the MTB, 2 x CREE lights, batteries and battery packs, new transfers for MTB, new bar grips for MTB and 'other stuff'. Had stuff arriving most days !

winjim

Smash the cistern
I got some all weather gloves, a buff and a Garmin over Xmas. "That's it," thought I, "I finally have everything I need for this cycling malarky and can stop spending money and just get on with riding the damn thing."

Wrong!

Picking up a new bike on Saturday. :whistle:

Boothy

I had the same problem so I swapped them over and put the drinks bottle on the upright post instead and it seems to work much better. Same as you I only have the lock on occaisonally

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Forgot to add. . I have a bike... But since I bought it I was working 60hour weeks so no time for it. . But now I have time so it's time to start :smile:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Don't worry, you will find that many on here don't cycle that much in winter months. I certainly don't and try to make up for it when the weather warms up. I
have not been riding since the middle of December. Why take chances of breaking something for the sake of a few miles? Better to be safe than sorry.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Don't worry, you will find that many on here don't cycle that much in winter months. I certainly don't and try to make up for it when the weather warms up. I
have not been riding since the middle of December. Why take chances of breaking something for the sake of a few miles? Better to be safe than sorry.:thumbsup:

I have to bike 4miles to work every Saturday and Sunday at 0430am :sad:. .last week I was wheel spinning instead of progressing up the hill. .. I walked.

Kies

I thought i had everything , but then i saw some specialized decals, then a cree T6 light, then some white bar tape for roadie ..... Just ordered another set of tyre levers (one for each bike) .....

Top Bottom