Am I mad to even think about it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I use to play on a regular basis till about 15 years ago , others use to take it competitively where as i took it as a bot if exercise and fun so do the same try and play for fun

tom73

Guru
Go for it sounds like it something you have give one last go at. You will soon know if you're pushing it.
Father in law played bowls at county level years ago stoped due to life , work ect now he's retired he back at it and loving it.

OP
OP
Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

We remember
Go for it sounds like it something you have give one last go at. You will soon know if you're pushing it.
Father in law played bowls at county level years ago stoped due to life , work ect now he's retired he back at it and loving it.

My father loved bowls. I don't play it but I like the idea of a game you can play and have a pint at the same time.

OP
OP
Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

We remember
Only you know if you are up to it or not, I would give it a go, see how you get on.

I think that's the way to go about it. I will be a very good boy over Christmas to build up the brownie points for January.

I will have to be careful because I do seem to have a bit of a weakness in tendons/ligaments. In the last 12 years I have had torn rotator cuff, ACL, MCL, Achilles Tendon, and ruptured quadriceps tendon. They heal, so not the end of the world, but all entail a long layoff.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
My father loved bowls. I don't play it but I like the idea of a game you can play and have a pint at the same time.

true but depends on the club father in law won't be having a pint for sure he's too competitive for that. :smile:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I wouldn't play. Your brain will still be able to play at your previous level, but your body won't. At some point your brain will take over and you'll push yourself too far. Not worth it, accept it's a previous chapter in your life.

I wouldn't play. Your brain will still be able to play at your previous level, but your body won't. At some point your brain will take over and you'll push yourself too far. Not worth it, accept it's a previous chapter in your life.
Yeah, but you are wrong. Playing this sort of game will increase your life expectancy by 10 years. You need a heap of data to refute that.

Top Bottom