Am I putting my head on the block?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I completely understand the worry for the extremely vulnerable, but those whining that lockdown was affecting their mental health are laughable. If they had any experience of having a mental health record they'd be in a bit less of a hurry to get one. As a reclusive hermit type, lockdown wasn't any different to my normal lifestyle.

How do you tell the difference between genuine and 'fake' suffers though.?

Are you clinically trained in all this??

Probs best leave such diagnose to the pros, I'd have thought, we don't really know what other people are going through..

Id just give thanks that you weren't so badly affected..

Me neither so much really, due to circumstances.

In fact i quite liked having fewer social obligations .

I'm building back up more slowly , and feel more confident in saying .

"Thanks , but no thanks" nowadays.

I know a few other people who feel the same :smile:

And at least during the Blitz they got to listen stirring speeches from Churchill and could sing rousing songs.
Yebbut, we all laugh, clap and sing-along with Boris…..

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am sick of hearing about the effects of lockdown , Brexit, Covid etc.... on people's health. Are we a nation of whimps?
My parents went through a world war that entailed occupation by the enemy, bombings, risks of being arrested by the gestapo and my father was. Emprisonment and torture in their hands, rashion books for food, fear of not knowing the future, lack of proper medicine ( my mother lost a child of 3 days old because she couldn't go to an hospital) .
And we complain about a few weeks of lockdown , despite having access to modern technology to keep in touch with our friends and families, so stop moaning and get on with your life. it isn't that bad really.
Rant over and call me what you like now , I can take it.
Have you tried real ale?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I must inhabit a different world to the OP.

I've heard a great deal about Covid, but very little whining about 'the effects of lockdown on people's health'.

Some people have detailed the impact of catching Covid, but telling of the impact of a serious illness is hardly whining.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I am sick of hearing about the effects of lockdown , Brexit, Covid etc.... on people's health. Are we a nation of whimps?
My parents went through a world war that entailed occupation by the enemy, bombings, risks of being arrested by the gestapo and my father was. Emprisonment and torture in their hands, rashion books for food, fear of not knowing the future, lack of proper medicine ( my mother lost a child of 3 days old because she couldn't go to an hospital) .
And we complain about a few weeks of lockdown , despite having access to modern technology to keep in touch with our friends and families, so stop moaning and get on with your life. it isn't that bad really.
Rant over and call me what you like now , I can take it.
I love it…..moaning, about people moaning, oh the irony

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My rant was about the fact that having a lockdown and its health effects on people is nothing compared to what people had to endure in the last two world wars, for years, during and after.
I am not refering to people who lost their lives to Covid by the way but just the minor discomfort of being in lockdown at the time.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My rant was about the fact that having a lockdown and its health effects on people is nothing compared to what people had to endure in the last two world wars, for years, during and after.
I am not refering to people who lost their lives to Covid by the way but just the minor discomfort of being in lockdown at the time.

Well yes, but by that measure, hundreds and hundreds of everyday, or not so everyday, unpleasantnesses could be said to pale into insignificance.

Does that mean no one is allowed to say if something is troubling them.?

Unless it's 'As Bad as the Blitz'
??

Seems like a rather limiting way to go on with life.

It's taken long enough to get people in this country, to ditch the old 'stiff upper lip' of suppressed emotional life and expression of feelings.

Which had its downsides, in many many ways.

And we don't have to respond to every little gripe and grimace.

Sometimes people just want to offload.

As you've just done.:rolleyes:

Then they can get on on, with getting on..

Better out than in etc etc...

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
My wife and youngest daughter or both clinically vulnerable - my wife in particular, as she has an already life-limiting auto immune disease

Noted - then I would remind you of what I said, as you don't appear to have actually read my post:

If the OP (and you) had been talking about the extremely vulnerable, then you would have a point.

You were, and you do.

OK ??

No need for the ad hominem stuff.

DRM

Guru
I think the OP is comparing life in occupied France, under the Nazi/Vichy coalition, in that respect I believe that those people certainly had things very, very rough, even compared to those who went through the blitz in the UK.

Top Bottom