Am I too old?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
did my first tt since '79 a couple of weeks ago. I'm 50 next birthday.

You are only too old for the 'race of truth' if YOU tell yourself you are, the only thing you are racing in a TT is yourself. Road racing different matter of course.

GO FOR IT

PK99

Legendary Member
Chrisc said:
No.I'm planning to have a go at 47. Have been on the local club ten mile course by myself on my road bike to see how I fared and was eight mins off the best pace guy who rides a full carbon tt bike with all the aero gear. Quite pleased with that till I noticed that all the ladies, and all the juniors were inside my time... Ah well practice practice eh?

Reminds me of the time in my mid 20's, comparing my times on a concept 2 rowing ergo to the "norms" and discovering i was a 40 year old woman!

wrt time trialling - i don't, but i know loads who do, and the target for most is their PB not beating anyone else.

after all, what is a bad time for a 25 year old Stick Insect (don't i just hate those when they overtake me on Box Hill!) might be a major achievement for a 50 year old 100kg Blubber Monster.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
PK99 said:
wrt time trialling - i don't, but i know loads who do, and the target for most is their PB not beating anyone else.

I find I'm always trying to beat those riders who enter the same local events and tend to do similar times to me.

Not that they know that.

Top Bottom