Am I TT ready ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
Hey ant I've seen your bike in another post, it's lovely. I'm sure you'll be going under soon.

Will1985

Über Member
tundragumski said:
Well, keep the speed from the 23.48 and you'll just get under 59 minutes.
The maths are wrong - a direct speed comparison would be a 59:30. 23:48 reads as 23.8.

Alternatively, if 24:00 and 1:00:00 are approximately 40km/h, and a_n_t went 12 seconds under on a '10', multiply that by 2.5 to see how many seconds he would be under the hour.

My first sub hour (59:43) was done on a 23:36 '10' - its about 99% of '10' speed.

a_n_t

1:01:32 last weekend and felt pretty good, should've pushed it abit more really. J2/9 in cheshire so not a fast course really.

Will have it on the A25/11 in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
tundragumski said:
Well, keep the speed from the 23.48 and you'll just get under 59 minutes.
The maths are wrong - a direct speed comparison would be a 59:30. 23:48 reads as 23.8.

Alternatively, if 24:00 and 1:00:00 are approximately 40km/h, and a_n_t went 12 seconds under on a '10', multiply that by 2.5 to see how many seconds he would be under the hour.

My first sub hour (59:43) was done on a 23:36 '10' - its about 99% of '10' speed.

Which makes my 59.17 difficult to explain on the basis of not getting under 24 on a ten for several years. Flatter course, I suppose, and a fast one, given that that the winner, whose minute-man I was, did 49.56. That is fast.

frank9755

Cyclist
Feeling quite pleased with myself this morning as I have just knocked 8.5 minutes off my personal best for a 25!

I did my first four TTs back in March / April / May, with a best time of 1:16:30 ish. This morning I did 1:08:02.

Since doing my previous best I've:
- ridden about 3,000 miles in European tours, audaxes, FNRttC, and general cycling
- lost about 3/4 of a stone in weight (as a result of the above)
- got a TT bike (pic up the thread)

A few clubmates were surprised that I was a lot harder to catch today than previously. I don't expect I'll be able to maintain my rate of improvement!

e-rider

crappy member
Feeling quite pleased with myself this morning as I have just knocked 8.5 minutes off my personal best for a 25!

I did my first four TTs back in March / April / May, with a best time of 1:16:30 ish. This morning I did 1:08:02.

Since doing my previous best I've:
- ridden about 3,000 miles in European tours, audaxes, FNRttC, and general cycling
- lost about 3/4 of a stone in weight (as a result of the above)
- got a TT bike (pic up the thread)

A few clubmates were surprised that I was a lot harder to catch today than previously. I don't expect I'll be able to maintain my rate of improvement!

that's amazing; I've done two so far: 1:12:14 and 1:11:06 - I'd really like to take 5-6 minutes off my times. What is the single best thing to change to make a big improvement? I should add that I do have plenty of weight to lose, and I mean plenty (30+kg (4 stone) wouldn't see me under weight)

a_n_t

What is the single best thing to change to make a big improvement?

If you dont have tri-bars then get some :smile:

Top Bottom