Am I TT ready ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Losidan said:
Would it be consirdered bad form to ride club TT's on a fixed?...Nothing fancy mind

No, I'll be racing the club TT on a fixed wheel bike kitted out with tri bars etc. Im pretty sure plenty others do it to, this gallery on another forum may be of interest to you.

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23237

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Losidan said:
Would it be consirdered bad form to ride club TT's on a fixed?...Nothing fancy mind

Not at all.

If I had room for one more bike (how many times have I said that?) I'd get an old steel lo-pro frame and build a rat fixed TT bike.

I might do the club "athlete's 10" on fixed, if I can be arsed to sod about with the gearing for one event. Which, knowing me, as I do, is somewhat unlikely.

monnet

Guru
Fixed is fine. The best tester in our club often rides fixed (with lo-pro bike, disc wheels and all the kit). The gear is HUGE though.

He turned in 21.30 tonight on a slow course (course record Richard Prebble 20.14), on a very slow night. Second was a minute slower (and he's a pretty classy 2nd cat, former 1st)h

Noodley

I have two options for next week:

First 'proper' 10 on what I have been told is a 'lumpy' 10 course but which I would class as just a 'typical' road: it has no climbs but you know it's not flat...it would appear this is classed as 'lumpy' by TTers...

OR

Club 17 mile event on quite rolling roads (rolling as in lots of obvious up and down bits, more up than down if you ask me!)...

I reckon option one is best - I need to take the plunge on a proper TT. So, on Sunday I shall be attaching extention bars to my road bike and buggering about with them and saddle position...:rolleyes:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Noodley said:
I have two options for next week:

First 'proper' 10 on what I have been told is a 'lumpy' 10 course but which I would class as just a 'typical' road: it has no climbs but you know it's not flat...it would appear this is classed as 'lumpy' by TTers...

OR

Club 17 mile event on quite rolling roads (rolling as in lots of obvious up and down bits, more up than down if you ask me!)...

I reckon option one is best - I need to take the plunge on a proper TT. So, on Sunday I shall be attaching extention bars to my road bike and buggering about with them and saddle position...:smile:

Depends on your build and what suits you really. On a flat 10 mile course the fastest regulars at my local TT put 2-3 minutes into me, on a rolling 20 mile course I can usually get within a couple of minutes of the winner. Too small and skinny to generate much power on the flat, but it serves me well for going uphill.

Noodley

Just seen the start list and I'm off 29th out of 30...at least only one person has the chance to pass me :ohmy:

Kablinsky

29th out of 30!!!! Are you not worried that they will have packed and left by the time you finish? :tongue:

After me banging on about my TT exploits at work I have been challenged to a 10mile race down the gym tomorrow lunchtime AGAINST A GIRL!!!! Of course I accepted but it looks like a win/win situation for my opponent. Everyone expects me to win, it can only go wrong. She's 24 and very fit. I'm 40 and quite frankly. . . beginning to sag in all the wrong places.

Noodley

Kablinsky said:
29th out of 30!!!! Are you not worried that they will have packed and left by the time you finish? :tongue:

Worried? I'm counting on them leaving for saving my blushes :tongue::laugh:

OP
OP
M

MLC

Good luck Noodley let us know how you get on.

All the fast boys start near the back so we will look forward to you posting a sub 25 min time......no pressure .......

Brahan

Über Member
Good luck Noodley. Just make sure you know the course before you leave. ;)

I'm doing my first club 10 of the year tonight and can't wait.

Top Bottom