Am I TT ready ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I did a 10m TT on my own on a largely flat course in 27.37 today. Not an event but just for fun(?):biggrin:
I first did it last week on my aluminium bike on a windy day in 30.10. I may give up now!

Noodley

Okay, that's a shorter stem fitted, spacers removed and tribars fitted...all down to my legs now :smile::angry:

In 23hrs it'll almost be over - I hope :ohmy:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Good luck.......... the tri bars are going to kill you if you havent riden them much before ;) Neck ache by mile 3 :wacko:! At least that was my experience when I 1st fitted mine until I got some advice on fine tuning my possition.

My 1st TT should be the 27th May I think, still awaiting message from the club to say my forum account is active so I can say Hi and arrange to tag along to some training rides!

Brahan

Über Member
rich p said:
I did a 10m TT on my own on a largely flat course in 27.37 today. Not an event but just for fun(?);)
I first did it last week on my aluminium bike on a windy day in 30.10. I may give up now!

Don't give up rich, there are a few clubs close to you that would welcome you along. If you've already done a mid 27 on your own then under competition you're due another minute off that, then with a season of TTs under your belt you'll be flying.

Noodley

Well, that was sore 'fun'

Bads news 1: 2 sets of traffic light appeared today on the route, so the original route was changed.

Bad news 2: the new route was hillier and on crap back roads with a few hairpins and 4 junctions.

Bad news 3: it was very windy.

Bad news 4: the revised route was 200 metres under distance so I still have not ridden my first 10 mile TT.

Good news 1: I wasnae sick.

Good news 2: I wasnae last.

Good news 3: I managed to ride home afterwards.

Good news 4: I have a burger cooking.

And 28.23 for 9.8 miles just in case you were wondering. But still waiting on my first 10 ;)

redddraggon

Blondie
Rob3rt said:
still awaiting message from the club to say my forum account is active so I can say Hi and arrange to tag along to some training rides!

You'll probably have to chase that up, not everybody uses the forum, so accounts aren't necessarily made to member status. I presume you have already signed up to the forum?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
redddraggon said:
You'll probably have to chase that up, not everybody uses the forum, so accounts aren't necessarily made to member status. I presume you have already signed up to the forum?

Yeah Ive signed up, Ive had an email from Becky to activate my account, asking me for some details etc but not heard anything since, dont think my cheque has been cashed yet either. Basically no word on my membership yet :smile: This weekend I'll be bored so I thought I'd look up a ride on the site and tag along, but its a 70 miler, I'm not sure I'd make it since I've hardly ridden my geared bike so not as comfortable riding it and not sure as to my limits on this bike, the route will need gears I think (I ride fixed like all the time, and fixed will kill me over 70 mile if there is hills). Most ive every cycled is 50 mile on my fixed.

And on topic. Congrats Noodley, well done, great time!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How did you pace it Noodley?
I tried to guage a pace I thought I might be able to sustain and hoped to stick it in a bit towards the end but, in the event, I was too knackered to do anything but hang on.

Noodley

rich p said:
How did you pace it Noodley?
I tried to guage a pace I thought I might be able to sustain and hoped to stick it in a bit towards the end but, in the event, I was too knackered to do anything but hang on.

It went a bit like this: set off at a pace I thought I could maintain for about a minute, then take it minute by minute after that! :biggrin:

The strong headwind and poor road surface with the general tendency towards going up the way had my legs fairly knackered in the first 4 miles and by the time I got onto a flatter surface my legs were burning and I did not have the power to push big gears so I tried to use as big a gear as possible which allowed me to go as fast as I could without my legs blowing up...I just about made it but the end could not have come soon enough. I had all kinds of slavers coming down my nose and out of my mouth by the end of it :biggrin:

I did not have my positioning very well worked out - it was the first time I'd had the chance to ride on the tribars with the shortened stem. But I'll learn from the ride and try to make small adjustments. I reckon I could have raised the seatpost a bit as I feel I could have got more power through my legs when leaning forward if I'd done that,...who knows? Maybe I'm just speaking bollocks. As usual.

I'm glad I put on my compression tights after I had showered as my legs are okay today - I might even pop along and have a go on the track tonight just to see how I get on, I've been getting pestered encouraged for a while so I might just do it. :smile::biggrin:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Noodley said:
It went a bit like this: set off at a pace I thought I could maintain for about a minute, then take it minute by minute after that! :laugh:

The strong headwind and poor road surface with the general tendency towards going up the way had my legs fairly knackered in the first 4 miles and by the time I got onto a flatter surface my legs were burning and I did not have the power to push big gears so I tried to use as big a gear as possible which allowed me to go as fast as I could without my legs blowing up...I just about made it but the end could not have come soon enough. I had all kinds of slavers coming down my nose and out of my mouth by the end of it xx(

I did not have my positioning very well worked out - it was the first time I'd had the chance to ride on the tribars with the shortened stem. But I'll learn from the ride and try to make small adjustments. I reckon I could have raised the seatpost a bit as I feel I could have got more power through my legs when leaning forward if I'd done that,...who knows? Maybe I'm just speaking bollocks. As usual.

I'm glad I put on my compression tights after I had showered as my legs are okay today - I might even pop along and have a go on the track tonight just to see how I get on, I've been getting pestered encouraged for a while so I might just do it. ;):biggrin:

Try pushing the seat forward (and raising it a little to counteract the loss of distance between seat and BB) and ride on the nose of the saddle.

Noodley

Rob3rt said:
Try pushing the seat forward (and raising it a little to counteract the loss of distance between seat and BB) and ride on the nose of the saddle.

I did ride as much as I could on the nose, most likely why I had a sore arse when I was on my bike tonight...I gave the track a miss as there were loads of people there who are serious riders and I did't want to make a cock of things for them :thumbsup: But a lot of them were trying to convince me otherwise after I had finished my ride on the road - I think they want a whipping boy :biggrin::biggrin:

a_n_t

I rode my first 10 last year, did 27:34 and ended up winning the club handicap over the course of the season!

Got myself a TT bike for this season and did a 23:48 albeit a different course and hoping to get under the hour for a 25 at some point!

e-rider

crappy member
a_n_t said:
I rode my first 10 last year, did 27:34 and ended up winning the club handicap over the course of the season!

Got myself a TT bike for this season and did a 23:48 albeit a different course and hoping to get under the hour for a 25 at some point!

Well, keep the speed from the 23.48 and you'll just get under 59 minutes.

Top Bottom