Am the only one who...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
... Is predominantly right handed, but left legged/footed, so I always start peddaling/set off with my left leg (with everything else set up for a right hand).
I can't be the only only who does things like that 'backwards', surely?

I even remember getting into trouble for that at school as I 'shouldn't ever' use my left foot. It was unthinkable to my teacher that anyone would ever even consider it! 🙄😆

What other slightly odd things do people do on your bike?

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm generally right-handed but, in archery, my bows are left-handed. 🎯

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm right-handed but left-footed too. I always start pedalling with my left foot.

I tried to change over to starting on my right foot following smashing my left ankle but couldn't manage it

mustang1

Guru
I used to be right handed but as a grew older I became more left handed to the point I do most things with my left hand except writing which is, well, with the right hand. However my handwriting improved over time with the left hand.

Now I'm trying to make myself right handed again.

But which legged am I? Idk.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thanks, I also do certain other things left handed, often without realising it, I am slightly ambidextrous anyway, but it is something I have never really improved on much, other than when I draw/colour/paint. Then you'll often see me do things left handed.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What a weirdo.

I know, I know, hardly earth-shattering!

It is just that I actually got into trouble for it at school many, many years ago. Up until that point, it had never even occurred to me what I was doing because I had always done it, so it all just seemed so utterly bizarre to me that some would have a problem with it.

When playing Curling, which I also do, I have also fallen foul of this from certain coaches, because I slide on my left foot (for a right handed delivery)... But I'll then instinctively stand up on the 'dangerous' slippy foot, i.e. the left, causing some of the safety minded people to have kittens! 😆

You are meant to then kneel on the ice (but not for long enough to melt it) and change feet in an incredibly ungainly looking action, but me, all I do now is simply bring my feet together and stand, sometimes practically on tip - toes, distributing my weight as I do. Much more elegant and simple.

Totally wild, I know.

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
I write with my right hand.
Start off on the bike with left foot, also if walking with the bike it’s on the left. Did try bike on the right but fell over it!
Cup in left hand and knife and fork “wrong” way round.
😜

Top Bottom