Amazing bike light idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very good. Not sure about the enormous flap on the side tho'.

Paul99

Über Member
And how long does the light stay on when you are stopped? Some long traffic light phases could see you sitting at a junction unlit from the rear.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Wonder also about whether the extra light while braking is only triggered by motion. If it were triggered by the brakes, it would be possible to have the extra light whilst stopped. (But that then poses the question ''when do you want to be less visible?'') JDog's question is a good one, too.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
And how long does the light stay on when you are stopped? Some long traffic light phases could see you sitting at a junction unlit from the rear.
According to the text 1 minute- that's got to be pushing it for some bigger junctions- however once you have a queue of cars behind you and as it kick starts again once moving that should be ok.

If you carry it with you does it know to turn itself off?
"The light stays off when removed from the bike, so there is no need to worry about batteries running flat."

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have seen quite a lot of these "combination brake lights" around. They have never really caught my eye though as you can brake gently and they wont come on as they think you are just slowing down.
If they were designed into the rear brake then I would definately be interested, but as they stand there is always a delay between braking and the light coming on.
A good light probably will be designed in the near future though.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If you carry it with you does it know to turn itself off?
I think it would be a good idea for peds to have these. So you then know when they will stop abruptly.

How clever is the accelerometer, does it know the difference between pot-holes and braking. And the darn thing goes where my saddle pack is, no good.

Interesting idea, not sure how practical it is but will wait and see.

Top Bottom