amazing tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Single skin = condensation = rain drops keep falling on my head :sad:

johnnyh

Veteran
bought a "Qeecha" variant in Decathlon whilst in France last year, pretty cool, used it on a trip away with my lad and we were very snug and warm. No bother with condensation cause it has venting... getting dressed and such is fun though as it literally has room for two mats and bags. Pretty good against the wind and rain too.
I love the look on people faces when I chuck down a small ground sheet, pop it up and peg it in seconds and then sit inside with a brew.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
They've (literally) sprung up everywhere in the last three years or so. I love watching couples try and pack it up for the first time in the morning. 'He' sets of down the experiential (how hard can it be) route, whilst 'she' reads the instructions. Some solve it, whilst other couples act out every male / female stereotype before he just bundles it up, chucks it the car and slams the boot down on it.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
We've got one. Last time out with it, there were audible murmurings along the lines of "yeah, yeah, let's see you put it away that quickly..." from a neighbouring pitch. On leaving the site a couple of days later, the same group were heard to loudly exclaim "Swine!" as I folded it up perfectly and popped it back into its bag within 30 seconds.:sad:

RedBike

Here's me sat on mine trying to put it back away. Got it down to to a fine art last time I used it though, 10seconds to fold away.

2890815648_5eeae00ccf.jpg

Randochap

Senior hunter
"Size of a bike wheel ..." Where do you put it then? This is definitely a car-camping tent.

Right up there with the cardboard "Sh!t Box."

jags

Guru
the guy next to us had one ,he was car camping .
but a great tent loads of room ,he had a full lenght matress inside .he looked a lot more cozy'r than my set up.

RedBike

My folds up to about slightly smaller than Crackles. The tent will just about fit inside a wheel bag, although it does have it's own bag.

I ended up buying a smaller back packing tent for cyclo-touring as I gave up trying to carry the pop up tent on a bike. There's various straps to carry it like a rucksack, but they're not practical for a bike.

I suppose you could lash it to the side of your panniers somehow (and pray there isn't a strong sidewind. )

Cromcruaich

Same here, i'll stick with my akto. pole on through the top of rear pannier, bungee the tent with pegs in a stuff bag onto the top of it.

stewie griffin

Über Member
Andy in Sig said:
If it folds down to a bloody great big circle (I'm going by Crackle's pictures), it must be a bugger to transport on a bike. Anybody got experience of it on tour?

I have one like the one in the picture (not me), a Quechua "1 second" from Decathlon, cost 20euro when they sold old models off. Mine is around the size of a MTB wheel & tyre, weighs 2.4kg in it's bag.
Different models/makes do vary in size, mine is double skinned, I've used it motorcycle camping with no problens whatsoever. I've been tempted to use it on the bicycle but my other tunnel tent is a similar weight, packs smaller & feels more robust though I don't know whether it is or not.
But there is no denying once you've practiced & mastered packing the instant tent (takes me about 20 seconds) it is fantastic getting to your destination knowing the tent will be up in quite literally a second.
I have tried it on the bike & it would go across the top of my panniers.

Top Bottom