Amazing website!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buddha

Veteran
OMG!!!

Looking at this webiste in my 'local' area, and just saw a plane disappear over Lingfield (Surrey):ohmy:
Should I call 999?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
cool... there's a flight over me heading for Toronto.

I especially like the ISS one. I've only seen it once by chance and have always wondered when it'll be in my area again.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
OMG!!!

Looking at this webiste in my 'local' area, and just saw a plane disappear over Lingfield (Surrey):ohmy:
Should I call 999?

Not only are they disappearing, the pilots are rubbish as well. There was one en-route to Chicago from New York earlier just off the Norfolk coast. Are they all ex-cabbies?!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One thing I have noticed about the site is the amount of loops over Southern England that planes do before landing at Heathrow and Gatwick. What an amazing amount of wasted time and fuel burning.

Durian

Über Member
One thing I have noticed about the site is the amount of loops over Southern England that planes do before landing at Heathrow and Gatwick. What an amazing amount of wasted time and fuel burning.

Every time I return to the UK I get caught in the stack for at least half an hour. If you have a window seat and it's a clear day you get some wonderful views over London and parts of Kent and Essex. Much rather be landing though and getting on with my journey across London out towards your neck of the woods.

Curses - what a brilliant timewaster!

Go to settings, and filter by callsign FD, and I can follow Flying Doctor flights in Australia :hello:

Filter by call sign 8QM, and I can follow the wild meanderings of the Air Taxi service in the Maldives - damn, now I'm green with envy. :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Curses - what a brilliant timewaster!

Go to settings, and filter by callsign FD, and I can follow Flying Doctor flights in Australia :hello:

Filter by call sign 8QM, and I can follow the wild meanderings of the Air Taxi service in the Maldives - damn, now I'm green with envy. :wacko:

Coooool!

Is there a list of callsigns on the site, or did you just happen to know those?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Water, water, everywhere. And not a drop to drink.

sad.gif
Popped onto the website a few time but haven't seen it over land yet...

dodgy

Ships!

Wow - love it. Whoever's currently flying that 747 from Heathrow due north over Stornaway & supposedly heading for LA needs an A-Z or something!

Here's a tracking site for the slightly more sedate world of ships.

Ships!

The world is round, direct route from UK to LA would be over Stornoway and then following a parabolic route (when viewed on a flat map) to LA.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The world is round, direct route from UK to LA would be over Stornoway and then following a parabolic route (when viewed on a flat map) to LA.

When I flew to Mexico, we went up over Greenland and down over Canada and the US. I saw icebergs! And the astonising amount of utterly empty Canada there is,

We came back across the Atlantic. That way they can take advantage of prevailing tailwinds both ways.

Top Bottom