amazing what you can find for free if you look hard enough!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by lip03, 18 Jul 2012.

1. lip03

lip03 Über Member

bike_resized.jpg just got this from a group on facebook for people who want to get rid of stuff for free!! will need a clean but will get a complete re build i think very happy!

2. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

You lucky blighter.
    Been looking for a pair of those must guards for a long time if you want rid of them?

3. OP
    OP
    lip03

lip03 Über Member

sorry want to re build to original state so will be keeping those little beutes!! :tongue:

4. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

First thing I spotted was the od school short guards my bikes back in the 80 s had them ,retro riding,when puch was the name

5. OP
    OP
    lip03

lip03 Über Member

only puch i ever heard of was a of was a puch maxi my uncle had one when i was about 6 :whistle:

6. Chris S

Chris S Veteran

There also Freecycle - but that's been blighted by car-booters in recent years.

7. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

mate,this puch i did my paper round on was 30 odd years ago my first racing bike,also had a original chopper at that time, thats a age ago,they also made wind up and go 50cc pop pops,looking at the red beast of the ops maybe it could be my old puch!! theres a thought

8. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

No harm in asking ;)

9. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Modern roadies wonder why as they seem useless.
    They were great, kept the worst of the crap off you, lightweight and ten brake mechs got less gritty.

10. OP
    OP
    lip03

lip03 Über Member

gaurds_resized.jpg
    if you would like these gaurds tony let me know decided a different fait for the bike so no longer need them

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  11. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Pm in your inbox
    T

12. First thing I used to do was to remove the shorty guards, all reflectors and the suicide levers and throw them all the bin.

Wish I'd kept them now, could have made some ££'s!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice