Amazon delivery numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
1614790761462.png

Yes. The resident of 48. Shame we live at 46.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Just think, if amazon have their way the skies will be full of drones vaguely dropping packages in your area in the hopes that you will complete the final delivery for free!

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Couldn't your neighbour have just said "Oh I think you need next door?" That would have solved the problem quite easily, and you would have got your dishwasher salt about 10 minutes sooner. I think you should blame your numpty neighbour

Adam4868

Guru
As a postman it's a easy mistake sometimes when under pressure/workloads etc..plenty of houses have no visible numbers or are just named.A lot of roads have no number 13 also.I do like it when someone take the time to walk two roads away to tell me I posted letter through wrong door,she was 21 and it was meant for 19.So it was easier to come and find me rather than push it through next door.Apparently it wasn't her job to do it,it was mine ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
All bets are off with Amazon (and a lot of other courier) drivers.
We've had so many parcels 'handed to occupier' when we weren't even in. We eventually find them somewhere up the street.
'Left in a secure place'.....on my doorstep in full view of an adjacent footpath.
Thrown over the gate....in the rain.
Not arrived at all.
There are no rules, driver just does what he has to to get rid....you're increasingly not neccessarily part of the process anymore.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My mom had a package delivered from Amazon. She didn't hear the door presumably and he opened it and place the package In the hallway and left... she didn't like that one bit.

Adam4868

Guru
Simple....don't order from Amazon ?

bruce1530

Guru
I may have mentioned before.....

A couple of days before Christmas, a pal’s grandmother was delivering a few christmas cards to her neighbours. As she went down her path, she slipped on ice and fell. Fortunately no serious injuries, but she was bleeding, and lying on the garden path.

Delivery driver was passing, and came to her gate.

“Are you OK?"
“I think so, I slipped on the ice"
“You’re covered in blood, shall I phone an ambulance? Do you want me to help you up?"
“No, it’s Ok, I think I’m fine"
“Can you take a parcel for next door?"

Top Bottom