Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Positive news from me too Scots Lass, I ordered GHD straighteners from Amazon on the 17th, they promised delivery (by City Link, I paid extra) on the 24th, and despite an email from Amazon on the 20th saying their delivery partners were struggling, it arrived today (22nd), 2 days early.

The delivery man said they are working through til Christmas Eve and are making a good dent in the backlog, so if anyone's waiting for a Citylink delivery, don't give up hope.

I also placed an order on the 16th, despatched 17th and absolutely no sign. In theory according to tracking it's going from Scunthorpe to Essex; not a million miles, in fact I could have cycled it several times over by now. Fortunately it's presents that the recipients won't mind waiting for, but how do I know if it's not been lost? Citylink aren't answering phone and according to their tracking system it should have been delivered on the 18th, but clearly hasn't. I don't have a lot of faith in either tracking systems tbh - how the f*** can it still be in transit as per the Amazon site after nearly seven days? I paid the extra to guarantee delivery, but clearly that's no guarantee any more.

scots_lass

Yabbadabbadoo! The prescription cat food has turned up! 15 days to travel 20 miles! My cat will not starve this Christmas nor be fobbed off with leftover turkey! All is well in this house!
Good luck to all you others still waiting on parcels...........:santa:

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Well, one day to go and still one parcel from Amazon missing and 2 weeks past the final delivery date. Nothing essential - stocking fillers - but still going to be a shame if it doesn't materialise.

bobg

Über Member
Last few Amazon items for Royal Mail delivery (ordered 3 weeks ago and been at the "Yorkshire Delivery Centre " for the last10 days) just been delivered by a bloke in a Halfords Rent a Van............?

Cardiac

Über Member
Had a package arrive on Tuesday, ordered on Monday. Had one arrive today, ordered eleven days ago. According to our postman, it just depends where they come from, Amazon using several distribution centres, carriers, etc.

Top Bottom