Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still waiting...

slugonabike

Mr Slug's pressie was ordered on 6th December and still not arrived, I've emailed Amazon today but don't hold out much hope. The weather here is OK at the moment but it's forecast to change soon. After 6 weeks off, I'm back to work next week so unlikely to be able to do anything about a replacement :sad: . My only other hope is to persuade MS to wait until SlugBoy is here on 3rd January before we open our pressies to each other ;)

mgarl10024

Über Member
They have been arriving regularly here ... though I gather that for delivery to addresses north of the border that they are no-longer taking orders as with quite a few other sites. Mind you its not as if we have had any really awful weather here.

We must have different sorting offices. I have a wiggle order, sent 30th Nov 1st class, still on it's way...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ooh, a package was left next door while I was out! Since I am only expecting the one from Amazon, that should be it (unless someone has decided to post me a pair of socks for Christmas).

Unfortunately, the neighbours have gone out so I can't pick it up!

slugonabike

Let's hope they haven't gone away for Christmas, Colin!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I ordered a secret Santa present from A company called Getting Personal. I chose the next day delivery option to guarantee its arrival before the giving of the presents. It hadn't arrived three days later. The company refunded my postage and the goods arrived just in time to wrap and give.

slugonabike

I've had a standard response to my e-mail saying that they still hope to get things delivered in time for Christmas. It doesn't address the fact that my order was, supposedly, dispatched 10 days ago and still not arrived.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
I've had a standard response to my e-mail saying that they still hope to get things delivered in time for Christmas. It doesn't address the fact that my order was, supposedly, dispatched 10 days ago and still not arrived.

I've had this too. It can't be easy for them as the retailer. When it's all over, there's going to be some hard questions to be answered by the couriers no doubt.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've had this too. It can't be easy for them as the retailer. When it's all over, there's going to be some hard questions to be answered by the couriers no doubt.

It's not a matter of hard questions to answer. There's been major disruptions to the delivery networks and some deliveries have gone astray. There isn't sufficient evidence in this thread to suggest that it's nationwide or even widespread. For sure, Scotland has taken a drubbing and mail has had to be sorted south of the border. Folk tend to broadcast failures and fail to mention successes.

Lateness is one think, total loss of goods is another. I suspect that there's few total losses when compared against late deliveries.

Top Bottom