Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
beanzontoast
It's not a matter of hard questions to answer. There's been major disruptions to the delivery networks and some deliveries have gone astray. There isn't sufficient evidence in this thread to suggest that it's nationwide or even widespread. For sure, Scotland has taken a drubbing and mail has had to be sorted south of the border. Folk tend to broadcast failures and fail to mention successes.

Lateness is one think, total loss of goods is another. I suspect that there's few total losses when compared against late deliveries.

I don't disagree with what you say. It's 'one of those things' in as much as bad weather can affect anything. However, if I was a retailer, I'd certainly want to know whether anything could have been done better to deal with the delivery situation. Not to look into it is to miss the opportunity to improve the approach used next time.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Let's hope they haven't gone away for Christmas, Colin!
It turns out that are moving today, in the snow, to their new home halfway up this very steep hill! That will be fun in the removal van... :eek:

Fortunately, I caught them before they went. In the upheaval they could easily have forgotten my little parcel which was just inside their front door. 

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm still waiting for items from Amazon that are almost 2 weeks overdue. According to them it's not their fault, it's because the whole postal system is blocked up. So how come I've received all my packages from elsewhere (including Play.com and several eBay/Amazon Marketplace sellers), in most cases before their due dates?

I suspect that as soon as the weather problems hit, Amazon decided to sacrifice a large number of packages so that new orders could still be delivered on time, and they're just sitting piled up in a warehouse somewhere.

Next Christmas I'm steering well clear of Amazon :angry:

... rant over, time to go play in the snow :santa:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I deal with Amazon in a work capacity and have had this email from them today.

The adverse weather is affecting many deliveries across the UK and into Europe. We encourage you to reach out to customers who have already ordered from you so they are aware of the status of their deliveries. They will appreciate the efforts you make to keep them informed about their orders, especially as many will have been Christmas gifts.

Given that any further Christmas orders are unlikely to be delivered on time, if you do not feel that you can reliably meet your current delivery promises, we also encourage you to temporarily delist your products until the conditions have improved.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well Amazon's ordering system seems to not be reflecting the situation accurately ... I logged on to check how many outstanding parcels I'm still expecting and discovered that several books had now changed to be delivery after Christmas. OK only the kids I decided I would let them know in advance.... postie knocks on door ... I collect parcels and open them only to discover the 2 books that I had noticed as being delayed until after Christmas had arrived. Good job I hadn't got around to warning them yet.

Then I decided to order another present yesterday, ordered one, mentioned it to Mr Summerdays who decided it would be worth getting a second one... get a warning from the system that I'm placing a duplicate order but it goes through. I go and check and find that the previous order (10 mins earlier) is already being processed and can't be altered!!! Talk about quick work. And today got the emails stating they were on their way....

scots_lass

All my parcels from Amazon and others have been delivered except for one which was coming from all of 20 miles away! Ordered more than a fortnight ago and still no sign of it. Wouldn't mind so much but it is prescription cat food for my cat. Guess who will probably be fed on turkey for the next week!

The amazon website is down at the moment!

I have a number of orders from a couple of weeks back that are not here yet. Kids presents so far from ideal. We are having to make other arrangements and will likely be sending a fair few things back. Not good for the retailers!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only order I'm now waiting for, that's been delayed, is from Amazon's Indigostarfish in Jersey. Everything else ordered at the same time, or later has arrived from Amazon !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The amazon website is down at the moment!

I have a number of orders from a couple of weeks back that are not here yet. Kids presents so far from ideal. We are having to make other arrangements and will likely be sending a fair few things back. Not good for the retailers!

No it isn't.

Norm

I ordered a film so long ago now, its still on Beta Max.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My packages, despatched on 3rd December, turned up yesterday. They have gone back in the post today, I'd bought the stuff from a different supplier who had no problems getting them through to me.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got an email yesterday saying that the book I ordered on the 3rd December should have arrived but since it hasn't, they will send out another copy.

I got another email saying that they had no record of another item I ordered being dispatched, and that I should contact the vendor. In fact that item arrived two days after it was ordered. Amazon seems to be in some disarray.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Positive news from me too Scots Lass, I ordered GHD straighteners from Amazon on the 17th, they promised delivery (by City Link, I paid extra) on the 24th, and despite an email from Amazon on the 20th saying their delivery partners were struggling, it arrived today (22nd), 2 days early.

The delivery man said they are working through til Christmas Eve and are making a good dent in the backlog, so if anyone's waiting for a Citylink delivery, don't give up hope.

Top Bottom