Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... are your Amazon orders via Royal Mail getting through to you?

My oldest order was in the last week of November and tomorrow (even given Amazon's extending of the delivery window due to the weather) is the last day. In fact, I've got a handful of parcels - all presumably coming via Royal Mail - that seem to have vanished into the system.

This must be alarming for Amazon who normally have one of the most reliable (and fastest) delivery systems I've ever experienced. Mrs B was telling me today she knows of folk who ordered Christmas present stuff from Amazon a while back, haven't had delivery and who are buying elsewhere while they can, intending to send the Amazon orders back if / when they eventually arrive.

martint235

Dog on a bike
... are your Amazon orders via Royal Mail getting through to you?

My oldest order was in the last week of November and tomorrow (even given Amazon's extending of the delivery window due to the weather) is the last day. In fact, I've got a handful of parcels - all presumably coming via Royal Mail - that seem to have vanished into the system.

This must be alarming for Amazon who normally have one of the most reliable (and fastest) delivery systems I've ever experienced. Mrs B was telling me today she knows of folk who ordered Christmas present stuff from Amazon a while back, haven't had delivery and who are buying elsewhere while they can, intending to send the Amazon orders back if / when they eventually arrive.

Mine are getting through but 2 or 3 days after the despatch email rather than the next day as usually happens. I imagine the backlog plus the extra orders coming in for Xmas are stretching them a bit.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They have been arriving regularly here ... though I gather that for delivery to addresses north of the border that they are no-longer taking orders as with quite a few other sites. Mind you its not as if we have had any really awful weather here.

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm waiting on a book that should have arrived before last Friday. I normally wouldn't be too concerned, but I've ordered and received other packages from them since then and I'm struggling to understand how they could have overtaken scalped this one :sad:

mr Mag00

rising member
nope nor wiggle, who couldnt give a monkies, not their problem once it leaves them despite having your money and no goods and no sign of them as they cannot tell you where they are..................

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Am also still waiting for a book that was meant to be delivered last Friday. May be there when I get home later.

zizou

Veteran
No problems with stuff sent from amazon (the royal mail were even making deliveries when the snow was keeping everyone else at home) but the two things ive ordered from the amazon marketplace havent arrived and are already a week late

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just to put folk in the picture, I work for RM and i can tell you that the weather up here has dealt a massive blow to our operations. All collection mail in the central region has been diverted down south to get processed we are in such a state. We have a 40million backlog in the system. We have had to open two extra large warehouses to cope with the backlog. So yes I`m waiting on parcels coming from Amazon as well :sad: but there aint alot i can do about it. Its our busiest time of the year and for all my 21yrs working for the company I`ve never ever experienced this!

Norm

I've now cancelled two orders with Amazon because they still haven't been delivered, over a week after they were meant to arrive.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've got a 320 GB hard drive on the way. I ordered it late on Friday night so I wasn't really expecting it today but I hope it comes in the next couple of days because I'm getting paranoid about my PC packing up before I've managed to get my first backup done!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ordered Inception on Bluray at the end of September... release date was Dec 6th... still waiting for it. No snow to talk of here in Manchester to blame so I guess it must just be a backlog elsewhere that's delaying it. :sad:

nope nor wiggle, who couldnt give a monkies, not their problem once it leaves them despite having your money and no goods and no sign of them as they cannot tell you where they are..................

IIRC wiggle use City Link? been awhile since I last ordered from them.
I've got outstanding orders with Amazon, one free delivery ie Royal Mail, one I paid extra for and City Link are courier.
City Link tracking code comes up as unrecognised on website and calling them gets message that their call centre is shut due to weather. I suspect the call centre is being manned by now but they've taken the phone off the hook instead of being swamped by calls. Really wish I hadn't bothered paying the extra and will be interesting to see which gets here first, free Royal mail or paid City Link.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
IIRC wiggle use City Link? been awhile since I last ordered from them.
I've got outstanding orders with Amazon, one free delivery ie Royal Mail, one I paid extra for and City Link are courier.
City Link tracking code comes up as unrecognised on website and calling them gets message that their call centre is shut due to weather. I suspect the call centre is being manned by now but they've taken the phone off the hook instead of being swamped by calls. Really wish I hadn't bothered paying the extra and will be interesting to see which gets here first, free Royal mail or paid City Link.

Wiggle use both City Link and Royal Mail.

Top Bottom