Why are you a former cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
attack different joints at different times
If not had it checked, you may wish to make sure its not the onset of rheumatoid arthritis, as the sooner its identified the more damage they can prevent.
Also, if you get hip issues, don't dismiss replacements. I have known a couple of people who had one done and were so pleased they could not wait to get the 2nd, having initially been wary about the 1st replacement. One had thier first replacement last Autumn and they said they had not realised how very soon they would be back to doing normal things. I have read also of several people who cycle happily with replacement hips.

gbb

Legendary Member
Haven’t completely given up but don’t cycle anywhere near as much. My fitness largely went when I gave up commuting and moved to full time wfh. LEL 2013 also damaged my motivation for long distance rides as I lacked a goal.

While i never ever did those kind of challenges, 84 miles being my longest single ride, interestingly I actually found the opposite, it damaged my desire to go out for hours on end, usually pushing myself while doing it.
I found after that particular long ride for me.,,I baulked at the prospect of doing it again and settled back to my normal 50 milers...at a steadier pace, I suddenly stopped pushing and found a different kind of enjoyment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Haven’t completely given up but don’t cycle anywhere near as much. My fitness largely went when I gave up commuting and moved to full time wfh. LEL 2013 also damaged my motivation for long distance rides as I lacked a goal.

Of which has been a great loss to our little cycling group of friends.

Why do you need to do the long distance rides?I've done quite a few century rides(nothing like @ianrauk mind you!) but at seventy i'm quite happy do go out and do rides of thirty to forty miles.It's all exercise after all.
BTW I'm a former cyclist at the moment as I've just had surgery for an obstucted small bowel.Hopefully back on the bike June/July.

Top Bottom