Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was recommended it by a Dutch friend who speaks excellent French, and stumbled on the English edition by chance. BTW, are you in Holland or Belgium? Vlaanderen could be in either.

My Christmas will be simply ruined if it doesn't turn up. I planned to memorise all twelve thousand verbs over the holiday period...easy...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was recommended it by a Dutch friend who speaks excellent French, and stumbled on the English edition by chance. BTW, are you in Holland or Belgium? Vlaanderen could be in either.

My Christmas will be simply ruined if it doesn't turn up. I planned to memorise all twelve thousand verbs over the holiday period...easy...

C'est un catastrophe, or summink.

Est-ce qu'il possible que le carte du credit etait declined, not le verbes?:tongue:

slugonabike

[sub]Item ordered on 5th December arrived last week (not free delivery), item ordered on 6th December and due yesterday has not yet arrived. I'll wait till the postie has been today and then start chasing it.[/sub]

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Just tried contacting Amazon to chase my parcels - 2 sets of them have now gone past the final delivery date (even the extended one) - and their 'Where's My Stuff' system is down. Could this be the hoardes of people trying to find out what the heck is going on?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well Amazon have just asked RM to provide 90 artic lorries to collect packages
blush.gif
and if the weather forecast comes off then I fear its not gonna be good christmas for those waiting on deliveries.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Amazon's email page now says that you may need to allow an additional day for delivery due to the weather. Presumably, this means adding a day on to the already extended delivery periods? Even doing that, mine are still 'missing'.

Think I'll give it until Friday, then go for refunds on the already overdue ones and then do the same for each of the other parcels as soon as it becomes overdue.

Just one of those things, but I'm not going to hang around when I could be sourcing replacements locally.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It's not just my lot that are having problems. I've got a package of PC components ordered from Scan in Bolton, was due for delivery yesterday by DPD. Tracking system showed it into their regional hub yesterday. It made it to the local depot (Southampton) today. Still waiting. My mum spoke to the driver (who was delivering to a neighbour, and regularly does) and he said they were 'snowed under'.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
DPD have suspended all deliveries to SCOTLAND, NEWCASTLE and YORK according to this -> http://www.dpd.co.uk/product-services/product-services-uk/uk_update--suspended.htm

I have been waiting since tuesday for a pre 12 to be delivered by DPD and it is still in birmingham quite why they felt the need to send it there when I live in yorkshire less than 15 miles from where I ordered it who knows, I tried to ask them but there phone line just cuts you off when you call it and I have called it some 20 odd times over the last few days. So today I cancelled the order and drove to the supplier and picked up a duplicate order and they are going to get DPD to deliver the order back to them and refund it.

ohnovino

Large Member
Most of my packages have arrived, but I'm still waiting for one due six days ago. I emailed them yesterday morning and got a reply this evening saying I'll have to wait until the 20th until they'll send out a replacement :sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I ordered some other Amazon stuff on Tuesday night and it turned up today. The French verbs of 3rd December are still perdu and there is no reply to the email sent a day ago. It seems a bit patchy.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
If the new weather band is as extensive as forecast, I think it will be a real achievement if they manage to clear the backlog of packages by Christmas Eve.

Or do I mean miracle?

Top Bottom