Amazon packages - are they reaching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As people have said, both the weather and time of year has slowed royal mail down.

At work we often transfer stock between shops as it's quicker than letting the wherebouse cock it up, post has been a day or so slower, DHL are being pillocks and not collecting things and not delivering things due to snow

We've been snow free for a week now!

taxing

My brother ordered a Wii from Amazon, I'm not sure when, but it arrived this morning. And that was a massive box.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I ordered a rather "racy" little French book from Amazon about two weeks ago..it is still not here, and the tracking system is poo.

I may as well come clean on the subject matter.

"How to conjugate French verbs." :hyper:

slugonabike

I had a fair sized box delivered promptly from Amazon marketplace but am waiting for something that I ordered 'free delivery' from Amazon last week. To be fair, it's not due to arrive until today, but things usually arrive ahead of time. We had 2 days of snow here so local conditions certainly haven't slowed things down!

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
No probelms with Amazon and the Home Delivery Network - a recent order on the 7th was delivered as promised on the 13th

Calendar Club however is a differnet story - sending an order Royal Mail 2nd Class sent 22nd November still yet to arrive :wacko:

ASC1951

Guru
I ordered a USB stick which was notionally sent on 24 November and hadn't arrived on 8 December. I pinged them an email and:-
- got an immediate reply sending me a replacement. No quibble at all - I was very pleased.
- three hours later Postie brought the original up in a van, so Amazon seem to have a first class tracking system.

My only problem is that once the replacement has been 'activated' you can't cancel it and have to wait until the carrier turns up, so that you can send it back.

thomas

the tank engine
just to put folk in the picture, I work for RM and i can tell you that the weather up here has dealt a massive blow to our operations. All collection mail in the central region has been diverted down south to get processed we are in such a state. We have a 40million backlog in the system. We have had to open two extra large warehouses to cope with the backlog. So yes I`m waiting on parcels coming from Amazon as well :sad: but there aint alot i can do about it. Its our busiest time of the year and for all my 21yrs working for the company I`ve never ever experienced this!

Can you do me a favour and speed up a parcel for Thomas in Norwich please :smile:...I need it for a Secret Santa on Friday!

Firestorm

Veteran
Orders from Amazon made on 27th November Arrived last Friday 10th As they were despatched from a Scottish looking address I assumed the delay was the snow

Order made last Friday night, arrived yesterday !!!

byegad

Legendary Member
I've just queried an item ordered on the 2nd. I had a string of orders for Xmas placed from the end of November to the 9th of December and only that item has not arrived. Inception, ordered end of November arrived last week. A lot of our delay was caused by the local PO not being able to deliver due to the snow, we had 2 feet in the yard at one point, and the snow off the roofs in our Terraced street made the three or more feet of packed down snow outside the houses impossible to remove for a week. I don't blame them for delaying deliveries.

Proto

Legendary Member
Ordered a Kindle from Amazon on Sunday 5th December. It was despatched on Friday 10the December and arrived yesterday, the next working day, and that was using their 'free' 2 to 3 day delivery service.

TVC

Just got a book delivered free in two days. When I say book, it's a work of genius penned by a certain bent rider from around these parts.

Top Bottom