Amazon Returns - Anyone else had problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Ordered a video doorbell from Amazon, but when it arrived we decided it wasn't for us. No problem, we can return it (Prime member)
Smooth process, click return on the order, they text you a QR code, take package along to local shop, scan QR code and get a printed label, shopkeeper scans parcel and gives you a receipt. Acknowledged by Amazon same day and credit card refunded a few days later.
Then 3 weeks later I get an e-mail from Amazon saying the parcel contained 3 books and a DVD box set and they are going to recharge me the £99 for the doorbell. I have tried chat and speaking to someone and they are adamant that the contents were wrong and will recharge me. There is no way I can prove what was in the parcel so doesn't look like I've anywhere to go.
Anyone else had any problems with them?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Never heard that before. Seems like the QR codes have got mixed up

At the least you should ask them to return your books and dvd box set.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I once bought a watch from them and it had been worn already so I sent it straight back. Then I got an email saying that I had sent a doorbell of all things!

Venod

Eh up
There is something gone amiss with their customer service, I have had nothing but excellent service in the past but the latest web chat for a return took four different people to sort it out, first guy said I need to give him my new address as original had been deleted, quick check on my account details and my address is present and correct, that sorted, he orders the replacement but fails to send a link to the return labels, second person I asked for return labels, they said they couldn't send them as my address had been deactivated and I would have to reactivate it, I pointed out there was an order on the way to my correct address, they disappeared and another person took over, who sent me a link to the labels, but it was just a link to an old order with no labels, so back to chat again, the fourth person supplied the correct link. I asked the first guy if I had been hacked with him mentioning address change, he said, do you think you have been hacked, I said not until you mentioned address problems.

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
Tell them the mix up must be at their end. If you wanted to commit a fraud and keep the doorbell while getting a refund, you would have returned something of similar size and weight. Three books and a DVD box set will be way bigger and heavier so their systems must have got mixed up.

Venod

Eh up
I don't know how their web chat works but I get the impression that they are dealing with more than one enquiry at a time, which leads to mistakes.

Ordered a video doorbell from Amazon, but when it arrived we decided it wasn't for us. No problem, we can return it (Prime member)
Smooth process, click return on the order, they text you a QR code, take package along to local shop, scan QR code and get a printed label, shopkeeper scans parcel and gives you a receipt.
Anyone else had any problems with them?
No. I've been very impressed with their efficiency.

D

Deleted member 26715

Not had a CS problem with Amazon the only issue I've had is the last 3 orders all saying there was stock for next day delivery not turning up next day. But refusing them at the door has always resulted in a easy refund.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No issues here. I had a refund direct to my amazon account. The refund went in at the point I dropped the parcel at the post office, even before they got it back.

I find the post office drop off option the easiest. Tried a local store, but their bar code reader couldn't read it so changed my return option to the post office.

I know folk don't like Amazon, but it's handy and saves going out to the shops.

pawl

Legendary Member
Never had a problem returning items to Amazon I just print a returns label and take the parcel to the PO
The only problem I have with Amazon which we have been using a lot is the packaging.Never seen my recycling bin so full of cardboard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Houthakker

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Thanks for all the advice. Spoke with my credit card today and they couldn't block Amazon from taking a payment but were happy to cancel the card and send me a new one. Now the pressure is off and Amazon can't just take the payment, maybe they will talk to me and we can get it sorted.

Top Bottom