An alternative to Royal mail any ideas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
RM works for me, had loads of problems with Yodel, Hermes and a couple of others.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Tbf from the 16 odd billion items a year they deliver as a company they are going to attract complaints. I've never had a problem with them as yet. However I'm not a business customer as the OP maybe.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Our postman has really unified our area and led to the development of a real community spirit round here so I won't hear a word said against him. Without our local postman, most of us would never have met our neighbours and started up friendships had our postie put the right letters and parcels through the right letterboxes. Thanks to his diligent, ceaseless work, we've all visited the homes of our nearer and further neighbours to hand-over or swap items that were intended for other letterboxes but mysteriously came through ours. And theirs. I always wonder why Mrs. Muldoon from round the corner tends to look embarrassed when we have to take her parcels to her. She does seem to get a lot.

keithmac

Guru
I use UPS or DHL via Interparcel.com.

We have a chat and get on with all our delivery people at work.

I've never had a parcel go missing when posted though Post Office counter (might be Parcel Force though?).

DanZac

DPD every time. Tell you to the minute when its arriving, option to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour if your not in and personalised service.

Unlike those twa#s at Royal mail who never deliver anything and take it back to their lair (if they even bothered to bring it out in the first place). Have no parking (car or bike) massive queues at all times of the day and the most useless unhelpfull sour faced staff ever.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Our royal mail, both letters and parcels are excellent. (Bristol). However the Parcel Farce crew when I lived in Cheltenham were a shambles though letters was perfectly OK. The most hopeless I found were UPS. Not in, left card (then living in Cardiff) -nearest depot supposedly Birmingham. Wtaf?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
In contrast to some on here I send out dozens of parcels a day in the post for my work and very little gets lost or damaged. What am I doing wrong?:unsure:
DPD every time. Tell you to the minute when its arriving,.....
I had a delivery from DPD a couple of weeks ago where the guy turned up and said "I can't give the parcel to you for ten minutes, I'm early.":laugh:

keithmac

Guru
We had this all the time at work, van parked across the road at 9.30 but our deliveries were at 12 so he was supposed to drive back later..

He ripped the labels off to scan later on, common sense prevailed!.

Sandra6

Veteran
Personally I've never had problems with royal mail, but I don't post things very often, and if I miss a delivery it's no big deal to go down the road and collect it from the main depot.
Dpd seems to work well, plenty of local drop off points and there vans are out and about all day long. The drivers I know all seem to be fairly decent if a little stressed at times.

Top Bottom