An alternative way to support British Cycling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Ok, now we are on the map. Big business is coming onto the forum. A takeover bid maybe?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Nah, a sponsorship deal, surely? :wacko:

BTW, the BC page on Facebook is pretty good - I'm a "fan" myself :smile:

Sky are probably getting involved in their capacity as the latest partner for British Cycling (details in the press release on BC's site)

domtyler

Über Member
Has anyone tuned in to channel 894 on Sky? It is the new Cycle Chat channel. Not bad actually but it will be better once they bring out the HD version.
Had a very interesting discussion about climate change hosted by Flying Monkey and SimonCC with some lunatic running in and out of the studio pulling silly faces and shouting a lot into the camera, Gary Askwith I think! :wacko:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
As another sport is snaffled up.
I don't think there's any coverage rights in the deal, Mondo, unless I've missed something in the release.

If sky is serious in its commitment to use its marketing muscle to encourage more participation in cycling in Britain, this could be a good thing.

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
in your favourites maz? :rolleyes: :smile:
err... no. well, er, sometimes when you watch Sony B4U Indian channel on 780, it's quicker to get to BBC1 by cycling through the higher numbered channels. Honest.

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i don't subscribe to that one, is it any good for non bengali/punjabi/gujarati etc speakers?
Some of the free-to-view Indian channels do have English subtitles (for films/soaps etc). Whether they are worth watching, though, is debatable.

Top Bottom