An apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxbob

It will take time girl to get used to it, i still have moments about my old lab, and that was 2yrs ago!.Above all you did the right thing and try to remember the good times (and bad, when she wolfed all the cake off the table when your back was turned)Best wishes, Bob

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I just want to say thanks to everyone.

Monday was a crap day, Tuesday was a better day, Wednesday was a better day but today has been a truely horrible day. :tongue:

It's up and down. We haven't got the ashes back yet and I was planning on a trip to Bala Lake Saturday to spread some Petrix about. :becool: Oh well.... next weekend then.

I don't want to bump this up for more posts, just to say, well ... thanks and it has meant a lot. I haven't been able to read all through it until now. ;)

FBOAB

snapper_37 said:
I don't want to bump this up for more posts

I'm sure we all know that. I do hope it will get better for you as soon as you can achieve closure. Please do keep us all informed on how you're feeling and I'm sure the'll be someone around to be a shoulder for you wenever you need it.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

FBOAB and Tdr - thanks. I will let you know when she is laid to rest.

We had a really weird experience last night ... and it will be another thread (maybe), but not now.

When people say dogs have no soul and/or spirit - they are either not connecting with it or it's bullshit!!!

;)

Your last post has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Bala, what a lovely spot. Hope it goes well.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Crackle said:
Your last post has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Bala, what a lovely spot. Hope it goes well.

I can't do it now Cracks, because we haven't got our heads around it (last night). But we will. Suffice to say, we were ready to pack bags and go to my mom's - but we didn't.

Bala was where she had the time of her life, and that's where she is going ... along with here, my mom's, Lisa's mom's, Cannock Chase.

Oh, she got everywhere ... ;)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

And I believe this ....

Rainbow%20Bridge.JPG

louise

So sorry to hear this Snapper, pets can become such a huge part of your life and when they leave its heartbreaking, sending my condolences to you and the OH

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Thanks Louise. We are going through hell..... and a calling for another rescue dog. Is that wrong?

longers

Legendary Member
You'll know if it's the right thing to do but make sure it is the right time for you. Everyone is different in their make up and timescales.

You're not being disrespectful to Petrixs memory if that's what worries you.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
snapper_37 said:
Thanks Louise. We are going through hell..... and a calling for another rescue dog. Is that wrong?
Wot Longers said.

You know that Petrix was unique and special - you could never replace her, but helping another dog that badly needs a home will help heal the hurt when you feel ready.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

We had Petrix's ashes back today. Actually, her name from the rescue centre was Petal but I felt too camp calling her that :biggrin:- and it didn't suit her!

We got some blankets and gravy bones together to take to the rescue home but they were shut. We just wanted to feel the touch of another dog.

Today is not a good day to scatter her ashes so she is being kept warm, with her teddy, candles and flowers around her.

Until we feel like it.

RIP our beautiful and kind dog, our best friend. :rolleyes: :biggrin: :tongue: :girl:

Top Bottom