An apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
thanks guys. I just cant believe she is not here anymore

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Baggy said:
Am so sorry Snapper. As has been said you gave her a brilliant home and let her go with dignity, with the people she loved.

It was so hard to hold a dying dog.... and then wrap her up and put her in the van.

RIP Petrix.

dodgy

There's almost nothing as sad as losing a loved pet. We have a lovely Tibetan Terrier and she's 2 years old next month, I shamefully admit to someimes thinking about and fearing the day when we don't have her anymore - they become the centre of your life and non dog owners don't understand, it's not surprising really, they completely take you by surprise.
It sounds like you loved your dog, which is much as you can ever do. Soon you will be able to look back on the good times and smile at first, then not long after that - laugh.
We'll always have dogs, I don't care what I/we have to give up :ohmy:

Take care.
Dave.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
snapper_37 said:
It was so hard to hold a dying dog.... and then wrap her up and put her in the van.

RIP Petrix.
:ohmy:
Cor, I'm starting to well up now. I know how difficult it is to do that.

We were able to bring Dinah and our previous cat home to "lie in state" for a few hours which helped a little bit.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

fossyant said:
Sorry to hear - she had a good innings - painless way to go though !

Yep

Me and the OH are in bits and going for a bit of kip now. Life will not be the same.

TVC

Sad to hear your news Snapper.

To take responsibility for an animal means looking after its best interests and welfare throughout its life. Of all the decisions you take for it, the final decision is by far the most important one. Today you faced that with strength and saw her calmly on her way, and so you have fulfilled your greatest responsibility to her.

Having had to let my cat go last year, I know that the raw pain of today will soon be replaced by all the memories of the good times you had together and the joy she brought you.

Take care.

We had a couple of cats from kittens. We lost the youngest to kidney failure about 6 years ago when he was 15, and the older female about a year later when she was 17 to the same condition.

Both had a good innings, but we stayed with the male and held him when he was put to sleep at the vets, which was incredibly hard after the event and still upsets me thinking about it now :ohmy:. It upset me so much I had to leave the female in the hands of the vet and walk away for her to do the deed the following year.
Both were at a point where their quality of life had gone completely, and were so weak that it was the only act of kindness we had the power to invoke.

We have got a yorkie bitch (missus's dog) and I know she will be totally gutted when the time comes eventually to send her on her way (dog is 10 now and very fit and active)

Time does heal but that doesn't really help you or your O/H today.

Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to be in your shoes :smile:

Sorry to hear that :ohmy:. I pretty sure no-one on here really expects an apology, so none is needed.

You have my sympathies.

Really feel for you snapper.

Marmite was 16 when we put her down. We'd been putting it off for ages as she didn't seem in any pain and just sort of ambled about. One day she went for a wee and as she squatted down she couldn't get back up. She sat back down in her own wee and looked at us with big sad eyes. It was that point that I said to my mum "We've got to do it you know" and she said "Yes I know, I just didn't want to be the one to say it".

We took her to the vets and the receprionist let us pay beforehand so we could leave straight after. The vet let us spend a few last moments to say goodbye and warned us that her bowels might loosen as the injection went in.

5 minutes later me and my mum were back in the car and crying our eyes out. My brother was pissed off because he didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

This is 12 years ago now and I can still remember the afternoon really clearly.

Yours had a good innings. When you're feeling better, get out all your old photos and make an album to remember the good times. Plenty of sticks to chase in doggy heaven.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Andy in Sig said:
There's a peculiar rottenness about a loved pet dying. Chin up Snapper. At least the poor thing didn't have a long drawn out illness.

No, she was not distressed although her right eye was bulging out.

Its just so weird here without her. I'm lost. Thanks for the messages.

Top Bottom