An apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
To crackle and everyone else.

I had the dog put to sleep today.

She had a massive stroke in the night and couldn't walk.

The vet came an hour ago and did the deed.

I am sorry if I was over the top, I was just gutted because I knew.

:ohmy:

yenrod

I really feel 'Snap'.

All the best girl.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aw, sorry to hear that snapper. I'm sure everyone understands.

I know it's a cliche, but it sounds like you'd looked after her well, and she'd had a good life with you, and you've done her the ultimate kindness of stopping her suffering.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Thanks Arch. she had a massive stroke last night. Her head was tilted to one side and her eye was all over the shop. We had to do it. We had to wait until 12.45 for the vet to come.

Lisa (the oh) was there to shave the paw and then we were both there to hold her as she went.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sorry to hear the news Snapper, I guess we knew from your words last night that all was not well. No offence was taken.
Arch's words sum up my feelings too. Keep the good memories strong.
Take care.
Hugs, FF.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hi Snapper, sorry to hear the news. Think how much of a better life she had after you rescued her and 16 years old is a cracking age to get to.

Arch

Married to Night Train
snapper_37 said:
Lisa (the oh) was there to shave the paw and then we were both there to hold her as she went.

I'm sure she will have been aware of your presence, and comforted by it. I reckon animals don't fear death like we do, and she'll have just wanted to go to sleep.

Oh lord, I've come over all Watership Down.

Will you be able to bury her, or sprinkle her ashes somewhere she loved to be?

I'm sorry Snapper, that's really sad but also very comforting because I'm sure you gave her a great life. Like Arch said, think of those happy memories, there must be many, thinking of you, take care.

gavintc

Guru
That must be very hard for you. I am sorry to read your news. Have a nice glass of wine and think of all the good times - look on the bright side. My sympathies - it cannot be easy.

jaynemum5

hi new today
am sorry for your loss
we have a dog of 9 year leg are playing up and two cats one
20 years and other her baby 14
just keep hopping for one more
day with them
take care
jayne

Top Bottom