An idea - Ventoux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
You're averse to flying I guess, by the sound of it, but when I did Ventoux I got a 6.30am flight. I was on the bike by 2pm near Ventoux. I then did MV the next day and had 2 more days riding before the flight home. So for 5 days away I did 3.5 days cycling. It seems to me you're making a big effort for 1 ride and 2 days on a train.

Not adverse to flying per se, I just like the idea of crossing France by train really.

User269

You should ping @whiskywheels, he's done it many times and could give you useful tips I expect.
Just completed my 14th ascent :eek: from Bedoin, Malaucene and Sault. It's worth the journey just for the climb, but generally we stay for a couple of weeks, and there're plenty of other superb routes to ride around Bedoin. I also like to do it on significant birthdays, so aiming for next May and my 60th.Time you did it User13710!

So many travel options. Quick and easy in '07 I joined some friends from the US for 3 days, flew to Marseille from my local airport, hired a bike in Bedoin. Well worth the effort.

Go for it Martint235, it's a stunning experience. To quote Mark Twain; You will not regret it. If you live.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well, correct me if I am wrong. But isn't Ventoux a bloody big mountain?

Yes but it's unlikely to collapse. My fear is more of falling, or more accurately of hitting the ground hence things like cable cars are iffy as are ferris wheels. However mountains, "walks of faith" etc are all fine

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2528106 said:
Hang about, were you not concerned about the cost of a week avec les Vendredis as perceived by Mrs 235?

Exackly. This is 4 days at less than half the cost.
Bollox. You are a nobber.

All I can hope is that you watch Whiskywheels' fabulous video of the descent and get yourself some airbrakes. Oh - silly me. Job done!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
:biggrin:

The descent down to Malaucene is awsome even on a touring bike, after bailing out of LEL I plan to head back to the S. France in August/September for a few weeks and will no doubt end up in Bedouin for a few days:becool:

Yes but it's unlikely to collapse. My fear is more of falling, or more accurately of hitting the ground hence things like cable cars are iffy as are ferris wheels. However mountains, "walks of faith" etc are all fine

If you were really scared of heights, you would have stopped growing a lot sooner, Mart.
For someone who is busy protecting our homeland from reprehensible itinerants, foregoing sitting outside Fatboys sucking on everyone else's used tea bags and licking their empty plates, I feel you are being unfairly insulted.
I would have put a k in front of 'nobber' to remove all possible doubt.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm off to France on Saturday for 6 days cycling. We plan to do Ventoux on one of the days, so I'll no doubt post up on here. I also plan to keep a Blog, so you might want a quick nosey at that.

Top Bottom