An idea - Ventoux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Six days. "What will you do for the other five?" I hear our intrepid adventurer's cogs turning as I write...

Ride Alpe D'Huex and as many other Cols as possible! We are staying in Le Bourg D'oisans at the base of Alpe D'Huez.

Flandrienne

Ok at this stage this is really just an idea. By this time next month, I should almost have finished LEL and I'm looking for a new challenge. I've always wanted to ride up a real mountain and Ventoux seems a suitable candidate.

I'm thinking of next June/July. Train to Avignon, short hop to Bedoin on day one. Ride up on day two, day 3 relax a bit, day 4 come home.

Piece of cake?
a hughe piece of cake.... no, a whole cake!:hungry:

I have been there.Avignon is a great place to be.Their is a camping site just on the other side of the river known from the song: sur le pont 'd Avignon on y dance...In July their are special dance and theatral activities.
The mountain is surrounded by sunflower and lavender fields.The mountain itself is an old , isolated bare mountain and cold and windy at the top.That's why it is named: Vent toux ( Wind everywhere) You have two options to climb it: the slow long way; or the steeper way at the other side.
In July , the weather will be hot, very hot, the asfalt stiky and smelly the grass rather brown, but the view will be fantastic!
All the best!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
a hughe piece of cake.... no, a whole cake!:hungry:

I have been there.Avignon is a great place to be.Their is a camping site just on the other side of the river known from the song: sur le pont 'd Avignon on y dance...In July their are special dance and theatral activities.
The mountain is surrounded by sunflower and lavender fields.The mountain itself is an old , isolated bare mountain and cold and windy at the top.That's why it is named: Vent toux ( Wind everywhere) You have two options to climb it: the slow long way; or the steeper way at the other side.
In July , the weather will be hot, very hot, the asfalt stiky and smelly the grass rather brown, but the view will be fantastic!
All the best!:thumbsup:

Finally! A believer!!! I think it will be fantastic and a once in a lifetime experience (I have no plans to do it twice!!!)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Getting to Ventoux by bike is not so tricky - I've done it for a long weekend.
Eurostar to Lille, change trains, get off at Avignon, rebuild bike, ride to Bedoin. Knock off the pointy bugger and reverse the first few steps.
I would emphasise the 'Lille' part of this. Crossing a platform at Lille Europe is a lot easier than getting across Paris with a bike. Even the lightest bike is heavy once you've bagged it, lugged it along the Gare du Nord and down some steps to the RER.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Martin, I like this idea. I like the timescale. And I even like you for gawds sake.
So if you want some company then count me in.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Martin, I like this idea. I like the timescale. And I even like you for gawds sake.
So if you want some company then count me in.

It's still an idea but let's have a chat. I think it's very do-able.

Flandrienne

Click link :www.rooifietst.nl
I 'm off to a 4 days bike event Sint Oedenrode Netherland:bicycle:
A nice, tidy , bikefriendly country to cycle, dreaming away along the water canals, wind mills, heather , sandy woods...miles of horizon because there are nooo mountains :laugh:

Top Bottom