An interesting idea for those missing touring....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I came across this today on the CGOAB site
https://www.braintreeeasyriders.org/blog-1

Basically, someone wrote up a virtual LEJOG, cycling the daily distance, researching the route online, then writing it up as a "virtual" tour, complete with photos!

I thought it was a fantastic idea;
  • Inspiration to get out on the bike
  • Real world research for an actual tour
  • A real world test of our capabilities (especially if you throw on some panniers^_^)
  • Easily customisable so we could complete a tour on weekends or take a long way home on the commute
  • It could be anywhere in the world....
  • The only limit is imagination!
I immediately thought of Spain and imagined returning home to a bottle of vino tinto, some chorizo and tapas! ^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I virtually rode from home to Paris in 11 days last month. My ride to work is 20km and I extended my rides home and put in a long ride at the weekend. 1112km so it worked out at an average of 101km per day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
@steveindenmark
I may be wrong but I'd imagine you don't need much motivation to head out on a bike?
How did you choose the "route"?
Did you do anything special as a reward or treat or to mark off a significant waypoint?
How'd you get home? ^_^

I think it's very inspirational that someone can look at their weekly kms and translate those to a destination. Denmark to Paris in a couple of weeks - lots of people can do that!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I ride my 40km most days of the year so adding a bit on in summer is not a problem. I planned the route with Maplocs and it was really just a very basic route. I chose Paris because lots of teams do it from Denmark each year for charity. Getting home was the easy bit 😁

HelenD123

Guru
I love the idea. You've got my juicing flowing. After an exam on Wednesday I've more time to get out and ride. Just got to think of where to 'virtually' head.

Top Bottom