An Irish joke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wogan

domtyler said:
All the same, ridiculing minorities along the lines of race, gender, sexual orientation or religion (among others) on a public internet forum is always going to put you dodgy ground.

It's one thing in the privacy of your own home, with close friends or family but on here you have no idea who is going to read it and being poked fun at and called thick or whatever by a stranger may not be all that funny. You intended to amuse and/or entertain (I assume), but you may well have made someone feel pretty bad. PC or whatever, that's not good.

Just something to think about for next time.

I heartily endorse this thread and sentence you to be hung by the neck until you cheer up.

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Twenty Inch said:
Perhaps I'll make a few jokes about white British men buying sex in Thailand.

Please do! In fact about 70% of Brits out here are jokes; I don't think that I have spoken to about more than 5 Brits in the past 12 months and I am not anti-social! We do not mix in their circles.

Look on any Thai based expat forum and you will see some gems:-
60 year old Brit meets 20 year old bargirl (prostitute). Girl professes undying love for the guy and they get married. Guy meets the girls family including the 'brother' who turns out to be the husband! Man loses life savings and goes back to Blighty penniless.

Help! I've been scammed - turns out that the poster was overcharged 5 Baht (about 8p) at MacD's!

Yes. please, make jokes about them, take the pi55 out of them - I do!

Top Bottom