An object lesson in keeping your mouth shut...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
i did read the link, ive read it before also, but he did not run the red light in question....
:rofl:

clockman

Über Member
I give up.
Giving up is probably the best thing. J.S. obviously thinks that crossing the first white line of an ASL box is acceptable as a motorist, so let him get a fixed penalty notice from plod, when plod witnesses it. Although, I must admit that the chance of this will be very slight, but we can live in hope. Ignorance like this needs some sort of financial punishment, not just the derision of his fellow cyclist!

As the saying goes 'a little knowledge, is a dangerous thing'. Arrogantly, sticking to an ignorant opinion, when being informed that you are wrong is brave. Foolhardy even. But like so many things in life, I feel we should let Darwinian principles come into play.

clockman

Über Member
Am I mistaken or have we gone away from the point of the original post?

Davidsw8, originally said used an inappropriate name to describe a female cyclist, (not notice by said cyclist). A third party cyclist took offence. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If the female cyclist wants to get herself squashed, let her. It's her life. Why was the third party so offended, davidsw8, was only expressing verbal amazement at a fellow cyclists stupidity.

Life is far too short to worry about the stupidity of others. It's in the past, look forward and take it as a warning or a lesson learnt.

But, how the hell have we got onto crossing the first white line of an ASL box. We all know, there are people that don't know how to properly interpret the Highway Code, so why don't we just let them carry on in blissful ignorance, in the knowledge that they will, one day come un-stuck.

jack smith

Veteran
Considering I've said the driver was in the wrong by going into the box... ;) my point stands it may be the same fixed penalty notice as running a red but the driver did not physically pass the red light as the OP is on about with the female cyclist, you can call me what you wish, your entitled to an opinion, as am I :biggrin:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Considering I've said the driver was in the wrong by going into the box... ;) my point stands it may be the same fixed penalty notice as running a red but the driver did not physically pass the red light as the OP is on about with the female cyclist, you can call me what you wish, your entitled to an opinion, as am I :biggrin:

Idiot. Do it in your car and use that argument with a copper waiting in the ASL on his bike. See how far it gets you.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

Am I mistaken or have we gone away from the point of the original post?

Davidsw8, originally said used an inappropriate name to describe a female cyclist, (not notice by said cyclist). A third party cyclist took offence. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If the female cyclist wants to get herself squashed, let her. It's her life. Why was the third party so offended, davidsw8, was only expressing verbal amazement at a fellow cyclists stupidity.

Life is far too short to worry about the stupidity of others. It's in the past, look forward and take it as a warning or a lesson learnt.

But, how the hell have we got onto crossing the first white line of an ASL box. We all know, there are people that don't know how to properly interpret the Highway Code, so why don't we just let them carry on in blissful ignorance, in the knowledge that they will, one day come un-stuck.

Thanks clockman. My tactic of counting is really helping, I highly recommend it if anyone feels they must exclaim something at the DumbA's out there.

Counted 14 this morning. It's funny when I get to 'Nine' though, people must think I'm German. Or when I say 'Number 2!', no I didn't mean it THAT way! :laugh:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

The offence specified under 36(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 is not a matter of opinion but one of fact.

GC

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Thanks clockman. My tactic of counting is really helping, I highly recommend it if anyone feels they must exclaim something at the DumbA's out there.

Counted 14 this morning. It's funny when I get to 'Nine' though, people must think I'm German. Or when I say 'Number 2!', no I didn't mean it THAT way! :laugh:

Will you jump straight to 70 from 68?

GC

Top Bottom