An object lesson in keeping your mouth shut...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfdvIfT8H5c

this is a good example of keeping it shut..from waht i can see unprovoked abuse towards the driver, and cyclist gets it. by the way, do alot of people commute in suits?

jack smith

Veteran
the lights are green, the cyclists even pull away before the driver, the car clearley dosent run over his foot as you can see ( and you would hear the bloke scream) and i doubt he would be pedalling that fast after with a squashed foot, the cyclist then went along side and started yelling abuse (assault) just cause a driver enters the cycle box dosent mean you need to yell abuse like that.

It was the rear wheel, the view is blocked by the other cyclist.
The driver commits a TS10 offence, the same as running a red light, I would brush up on your driver training if I were you, you really should be aware of road traffic law.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfdvIfT8H5c

this is a good example of keeping it shut..from waht i can see unprovoked abuse towards the driver, and cyclist gets it. by the way, do alot of people commute in suits?

FFS not that again. Cyclist was an arse but there was no need for driving like that. We've been through this before - exonerating the driver/passenger does little to help our cause.

In fact - if someone drove at me like that I'd be pretty pissed off too.

jack smith

Veteran
the same as? he didnt run a red light. he entered the cycle box if you watch the slip even in slow mo you see no reaction from "getting his foot ran over" if you also look at the clip and where his feet are they are not in the path of the car. this bloke truly did get what he deserved unlike the op.

jack smith

Veteran
unless he actually went through the red light and across the junction its not the same running a red light is running a red light, entering a cycle box is a totally different offence

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

jack smith

Veteran
however it is still not the same as runnign red until he crosses the second line, by law he can not be prosecuted for being in the cycle box unless an officer sees him cross without reason, for example you can enter the box if it is not safe to stop before the box if the light is just changing for example. its when you cross the second line it becomes running a red light

to be fair the driver seems clueless at first but it think he is just manoeuvring so that he is out of the path of the cyclists for when he sets off, wrong by law but seems like a fair intention in the drivers mind.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
give up.
however it is still not the same as runnign red until he crosses the second line, by law he can not be prosecuted for being in the cycle box unless an officer sees him cross without reason, for example you can enter the box if it is not safe to stop before the box if the light is just changing for example. its when you cross the second line it becomes running a red light
When folk are trying to help you it pays to read the links they offer rather than just confidently repeat your own assertions as to your correctness in the matter....

Motorists
Do not enter the ASL box when the light is red – this space is reserved for the safety of cyclists.

Crossing the first or second ASL line when the light is red makes you liable for a £100 fixed penalty, three points on your licence, and endangers vulnerable road users.

Myth: Entering an ASL is a specific offence. Not true. Entering an ASL when the light is red is an offence under section 36(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988, regulation 10 of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988. The offence is jumping a red light and could result in a £100 fixed penalty and three points on your licence.

jack smith

Veteran
i did read the link, ive read it before also, but he did not run the red light in question provoking the cyclist as the guy said he entered the cycle box which isnt provoking the cyclist to do what he did it was pretty uncalled for o nthe cyclist's behalf, yeah you dont creep up into the box as the lights to get a better position to pull away as the driver did but there was no need for the cyclist to do what he did

Top Bottom