An olive branch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User32269

All things considered, this is only an Internet forum for people who like bikes, but it is more than that.
Personally this little space has provided me with a sort of community that I felt somehow a part of.
I've made posts here, rashly, that I regret.
There are some people whose Internet persona I find infuriating, some who I find funny and kind, but they all form part of the mix that has kept me hooked for a good few years.
The recent kick offs over the political forum showed up some divisions, I have put my views up, and have made some snide comments.
I would like to apologise if I have been nasty to anyone. I don't think I will be making many more posts for a while, but wanted to say thank you to all the people I've had a laugh with on here, and sorry to people I've been mean to.
Got shoot in real life that need my attention more, but just wanted to say thanks for the fun, occasional frustration, but mostly for all the banter all you guys and (too few) gals have provided. Sorry to anyone I've offended. Be back to annoy you in the future.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@odav you have not offended me and you are one of quite a few people who have left recently

come back when you are ready and we will miss you

Globalti

Legendary Member
People are still bitching in the Politics forum? Well I never.

The problem is that fora like this are used by people who are desperate to demonstrate their impeccable PC credentials so they will jump down your throat at the smallest opportunity. I'd rather drink beer and banter about riding bikes. If there's anybody who annoys you just put them on Ignore. I have and it works well; I don't even know if the idiot still frequents the forum.

Edit: Actually with Farcebook having admitted that using social media can be bad for your sanity I'd go as far as to say that one or two muppets on this forum are bad for your mental balance and definitely deserve ignoring.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

The problem is that fora like this are used by people who are desperate to demonstrate their impeccable PC credentials so they will jump down your throat at the smallest opportunity. I'd rather drink beer and banter about riding bikes. If there's anybody who annoys you just put them on Ignore. I have and it works well; I don't even know if the idiot still frequents the forum.

Edit: Actually with Farcebook having admitted that using social media can be bad for your sanity I'd go as far as to say that one or two muppets on this forum are bad for your mental balance and definitely deserve ignoring.
He says, in the spirit of the thread.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear you are having a break and I will miss your posts, please come back when you are ready.

I have one person on ignore as they seemed to jump on everything I wrote and tore it too bits, they also seemed to have bunch of followers that on their own are not as bad. It is life though, you cannot get on with everybody.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Politics and religion are two things that should not appear on a cycle forum.

.............................. and helmets and viz vests and possibly electric bikes ^_^
Tyres, bar tape, groupsets, frame sizing......

U

User482

People from P&CA were accused of harbouring grudges, and causing trouble in other parts of the forum. It seems to me that this is exactly what you're doing now.

I'd prefer it if you stopped the personal insults, which are in violation of the forum rules, and behave like an adult, as the OP is doing.

@odav best of luck, and I'm sure CC will be still here when you want to come back.

People from P&CA were accused of harbouring grudges, and causing trouble in other parts of the forum. It seems to me that this is exactly what you're doing now.

I'd prefer it if you stopped the personal insults, which are in violation of the forum rules, and behave like an adult, as the OP is doing.

@odav best of luck, and I'm sure CC will be still here when you want to come back.
I’m sure it will too but content is noticeably less since the debacle. More are leaving which is not a good thing. This in turn will mean those that do come may come less often as there’s less of a draw, a downwards spiral. I hope it gets reversed.

U

User482

I’m sure it will too but content is noticeably less since the debacle. More are leaving which is not a good thing. This in turn will mean those that do come may come less often as there’s less of a draw, a downwards spiral. I hope it gets reversed.
Well, there's N&CA. But I don't like its new direction, which is why I don't post there. I don't know what the overall effect is.

Well, there's N&CA. But I don't like its new direction, which is why I don't post there. I don't know what the overall effect is.
I don’t think it was the scrapping of the politics section but the restrictions after that which caused the most damage. Definitely a drop in content but hopefully will grow back to similar levels given time. People come, people go.

Top Bottom