An olive branch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
@odav I lurk here on CC far more than I post, so don't always contribute to the same threads as you, but just to say I have noticed you and have always found your posts balanced, fair and well reasoned, and in doing what you have done here, you have shown commendable fair mindedness and humility - I would actually be surprised if you had offended anyone, but who knows, I can't say I have seen every post you ever made. Blimey, mate, I even find your contributions to the football thread almost reasonable and I'm a died in the wool bitter bluenose :biggrin:. Good luck with the other stuff you need to sort out.

OP
OP
U

User32269

Thanks for kind words. Not doing a flounce! We're dealing with my Dad's "end of life care" and trying to make Christmas as nice as humanly possible. Riding my bike has taken a back seat, gonna struggle to turn the pedals next time I'm back on the saddle! No change there.
Happy Christmas to everyone and hope your 2018 is sick (as my son has started saying) I'm just down with the yoof you old farts!

OP
OP
U

User32269

I was lucky enough to get my parents into sheltered accommodation a couple of years ago. It was obvious my Dad's health was failing and my Mum had been diagnosed with cancer.
The people who provide the care are just amazing. These people are grotesquely underpaid and undervalued. The humanity they have shown, and continue to show, my parents has touched me deeply.
Predominantly young females, they are on a crap hourly wage, they regularly work well beyond their hours. Yet they have came to see my Dad is comfortable and my Mum is OK on their own time. I have been overwhelmed by their kindness and compassion.
My wife and myself have to still work full time and take care of the kids, my Dad would never have been allowed home without the support in place. The people providing this are just amazing, I can't thank them enough.

OP
OP
U

User32269

[QUOTE 5090304, member: 43827"]I was going to make a (good-natured) insulting comment on this thread, but then reading the reason for your temporary absence I thought better of it. We went through a similar time with my father last year and it does put other, less important things in your life into perspective.

Best wishes and don't neglect to make some time for yourself.[/QUOTE]
Good natured insults are my kind of language big guy!
Cheers.

Top Bottom