An open letter of thanks to you, cyclechat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

i really fancy a CX bike but would prob end up in the divorse court TBH:whistle:

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Don't diss a chap's new bike.

That's okay, the Mrs has been commenting on my sidewalls recently as well, it's been a gluttonous Christmas.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
So! Anyone have any experience with these Through-Axles? Curiosity got the better of me and I took the front wheel off, upon putting it back on its definitely not as tight as it was, but I've only got a quarter turn on the axle to work with :wacko: No play on the wheel or anything, but the lever just feels like it doesnt have as much resistance as it did before!

Any ideas?

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
image.jpg
So! Anyone have any experience with these Through-Axles? Curiosity got the better of me and I took the front wheel off, upon putting it back on its definitely not as tight as it was, but I've only got a quarter turn on the axle to work with :wacko: No play on the wheel or anything, but the lever just feels like it doesnt have as much resistance as it did before!

Any ideas?
Not much experience I'm afraid but I got 'em on my Giant Anthem. There's an adjuster on the threaded side that can be moved to determine the point the QR is tight. Not sure if you have anything like this?

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Appreciate that! I did find the adjuster on the end - I got confused as I thought the adjuster on the end was as tight as it could be but it was actually threaded backwards so it was technically as loose as it could be.

Panic Over!

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Appreciate that! I did find the adjuster on the end - I got confused as I thought the adjuster on the end was as tight as it could be but it was actually threaded backwards so it was technically as loose as it could be.

Panic Over!
Glad you got it sorted. Lovely bike BTW, most envious! Enjoy :thumbsup:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This post made me smile.

I have promised myself no more buying bikes this year. But look what I have been looking at since before Christmas,

20141211_155044_zpsp7vrx6ew.jpg

20141222_122514_zpsyruhwywg.jpg

Top Bottom