An open letter of thanks to you, cyclechat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

i joined a few months ago asking what sort of road bike I should get because I had a bit of an unexplained affinity for charge. Well that went down the pan pretty quickly when forum research explained the difference between steel, aluminium, carbon, dragon bone and snake oil etc. I quickly realised I wanted something light and quick, but could shake off a pot hole or two.

I wish I could remember who it was that suggested cyclocross to me, because I didn't even know such a sport existed let alone that it used machines that suit me down to the ground.

And to everyone that hammered home the point that the fit and feel of the bike is just as, if not more important than the componentry. My logical geek wanted to ignore you so bad! But I'm glad I didn't. I owe you all one.

Ended up, after months of trawling and an afternoon of bombing around parks purchasing a beautiful Focus Mares 3.0 - and I couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks!
Great looking bike. Hope it gives you as much fun as my recent purchase of a Felt F95.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I thought I'd come back to this thread. To re-affirm the sentiment.

I now own a Trek Emonda SL8 with SRAM Red, a Genesis Equillibrium Disk 20 and a Santa Cruz Chameleon...

I blame all of you equally. Someone did say this would happen :laugh:

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
This^:laugh:

mythste,
Have you kept the Focus?

Regrettably not! It was a great bike that got me into cycling, but it was a touch too small and the lack of ability to put a rear mudguard on made commuting less than ideal. That was replaced by the Genesis.

The Trek and the Santa Cruz I have less justification for :laugh:

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I thought I'd come back to this thread. To re-affirm the sentiment.

I now own a Trek Emonda SL8 with SRAM Red, a Genesis Equillibrium Disk 20 and a Santa Cruz Chameleon...

I blame all of you equally. Someone did say this would happen :laugh:

Minus one Trek Emonda and one Santa Cruz Chameleon.

Plus one Genesis Croix De Fer, One Genesis Smithfield Bridge, One Argon 18 Gallium, one Trek Remedy 8...

It's good to take stock every now and then.

Gulp.:eek:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Minus one Trek Emonda and one Santa Cruz Chameleon.

Plus one Genesis Croix De Fer, One Genesis Smithfield Bridge, One Argon 18 Gallium, one Trek Remedy 8...

You don't appear to be very good at choosing your partners or sticking around to make a go of the relationship.

Top Bottom