An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Well done Gaz!

All that weight loss and now your own sticky!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Amazing Gaz. Instead of wallowing in self pity and blaming your genes,metabolism or some other bullshit you got out there put the work in and turned your life around.

Your story inspired me to pull my finger out and loose 3 stone with one to go,(a tiny effort compared to yours I know.)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Banjo said:
Amazing Gaz. Instead of wallowing in self pity and blaming your genes,metabolism or some other bullshit you got out there put the work in and turned your life around.

Your story inspired me to pull my finger out and loose 3 stone with one to go,(a tiny effort compared to yours I know.)

Not always true to be fair mate, for me losing 18 stone although hard isnt as hard as someone losing 6 lbs who is only 6lbs overweight, but either way, thanks for the comments and the very best of luck in your efforts mate

WeeE

I've watched your vid three or four times now, Gaz, but I noticed something for the first time today (through the tears - it always gets me).

Your body language changes a lot. In the early pictures, you're always pictured alone, indoors, sitting or else standing with your hands in your pockets. It's very cramped and static looking, almost "frozen" compared to the later pictures.

Apart from starting to smile, you look like you're coming alive as the pictures progress - arms spread holding your bike, or waving, or just gesturing. All the later pictures show someone active in what's going on, engaged with people in or out of the frame; active, expansive, expressive, relaxed, confident.
It's fantastic to watch the change.;):biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
WeeE said:
I've watched your vid three or four times now, Gaz, but I noticed something for the first time today (through the tears - it always gets me).

Your body language changes a lot. In the early pictures, you're always pictured alone, indoors, sitting or else standing with your hands in your pockets. It's very cramped and static looking, almost "frozen" compared to the later pictures.

Apart from starting to smile, you look like you're coming alive as the pictures progress - arms spread holding your bike, or waving, or just gesturing. All the later pictures show someone active in what's going on, engaged with people in or out of the frame; active, expansive, expressive, relaxed, confident.
It's fantastic to watch the change.:rolleyes::biggrin:

First off, glad you like the video, not sure I want to make people cry tho LOL :tongue:

Its a good point you make and one I never thought about, nor did I make an effort to change in the pictures, each and every one just came natrually TBH mate, top spot though and Its something I will mention in my blog, on the same theme I noticed that in the office etc I walk round with my head held high, chest puffed out, large strides, 18 months ago, it was head down, shuffing around, gaspic for breath......if anyone asks if cycling is good...just send em my way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

aka0019

Will you post the link for this again please as the current one doesn't work. I really wanna see!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Morning All
icon_biggrin.gif

The video is still on youtube, my user ID is gbone155, I will update the post later, however I dropped water on my PC so I am having to borrow one.

Regarding the blog:

Just wanted to say while it is true I am having problems in "real life" I am in the process of building another blog, my original started as somewhere to store pictures when I was first losing weight and developed into a monster, something that would take over most of my evening and with kids and a wife at home I cant return to that level again, but there will be another one, I hope its just as good too, albeit diffrent.

I will update my sig when then work is done, hope to see you all there.

Gaz

PS the weight loss journey, regardless of blog will NEVER end !

Top Bottom