An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Weres the blog

In his first post in this thread

I can only see two videos @ianrauk
Follow the signature link below the first post! :okay: (PS Strange ... Ian's reply didn't show up the first time I read this page!)

I am sorry to hear of your health problems, Gaz. I hope that the doctors can find some way to help you.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Follow the signature link below the first post! :okay: (PS Strange ... Ian's reply didn't show up the first time I read this page!)

I am sorry to hear of your health problems, Gaz. I hope that the doctors can find some way to help you.
Thats why i cant see it then as signatures dont show up in the mobile version

jowwy

I assumed that you read signatures because you have one of your own!

I have only just started using a phone to view the forum and had not noticed the missing signatures.
Signatures show on my laptop and ipad, but not on the phone version

jowwy

Yes - I normally use a laptop or Galaxy Tab, but I have been trying out CC on my recently-acquired Galaxy S4 phone. I am impressed by how the site adapts to the smaller screen, but had not noticed the missing signatures.
I use the HTC one and its good for browsing and using CC

Paul Burke

Regular
Just read all of the posts in this thread aswell as the blog.

I am amazed and stunned by what you (and others) have achieved, truly inspirational.

I hope you can find a way to over come your latest hurdle.

CafGriff

I've been away for a while. :wacko: I'm 2 stone over weight now, and I feel I wobble when I walk, so May 1st is my new start date for hitting the gym twice weekly, for a 'starter - habit forming month' :training:... I'll start off controlled and aim for doo .. able and achieveable target getting + daily rides with weekend, longer distance rides out :bicycle:.... I'm taking a year to get fitter, and prepare for my Epic journey --- LEJOG !! :eek: I live in Plymouth, and had this dream for sooo long, it's hurting me. I'm aiming at next late March/April?May time to do this journey and I'm throwing the gauntlet down and out to anyone who would like to join me. Look at my profile, contact me via this ... For those that are local to me in Plymouth, I'm cycling from Plym Bridge to Tavistock next week, set off in the PV Car Park at 9 .. whatever the weather :rain:. No racing just getting there:hyper: should be back home for 1 ish.... :cheers:

kevin01041961

Goliath
POST UPDATED 19-12-10

Hi Ok can you help i'm inspired , but for the right reasons , read my post basically i'm 6ft 8 inch tall 20 stone , i cannot seem to get a bike without a mortgage, can you advise what i should be looking for and a shop i can go to, i have tried planet x but they insisted i have one built at £2000 a bit rich to start with, my email is [Moderator note: email removed - people can reply to this thread, or can send you a Personal Message , i hope you can take the time to reply thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Hicky

Guru
Having not been around for a while I've not kept abreast of Gaz and have just took a nosy at his blog.....bad times.
What or where did his PTSD develop from?

Hi Ok can you help i'm inspired , but for the right reasons , read my post basically i'm 6ft 8 inch tall 20 stone , i cannot seem to get a bike without a mortgage, can you advise what i should be looking for and a shop i can go to, i have tried planet x but they insisted i have one built at £2000 a bit rich to start with, my email is [Moderator note: email removed - people can reply to this thread, or can send you a Personal Message , i hope you can take the time to reply thank you
Kevin, you don't need flash or expensive gear to start with.

I returned to cycling three years ago, weighing in at 35 stone, I'm 6'2, and was wearing 7XL clothes.
I bought a £50 bike from my LBS, rode it daily for 6 months before sinking money into a new Merida Matts 20MD, costing £375 (if I remember correctly), as I wanted something with disc brakes.
Within 9 months that was written off to a BMW prat, and replaced with the upgraded Merida Matts 40, costing £475, which has hydraulic brakes.

Last September, I bought my first event bike costing me £1200, which is shown, the Genesis Croix de Fer 2014 model.

Granted, since passing my driving test in Feb, and buying my car in March, I've driven more than ridden this year, but my first bike helped get me down to a nice 25 stone, the Merida dropped me to 23.5, and I'm still going.
Can't wait for next years events to open up, so I can train on the Genesis and keep going.

Clothing wise, I have my event gear, which is lycra and all the rest, but for commuting, I just have a pair of Matalan joggers, which I've cut the legs to 3/4 shorts, and some Muddyfox cycle jerseys for Summer, winter, I have a running jersey and a light longsleeved shirt underneath to keep me warm.

Hopefully this will give you a bit of a start to get where you want to be.

Top Bottom