An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Ah, the People's club v God's club (Away win) :thumbsup:

Hummmm, Poor prediction mate :-)

PLEASE say we will lose Vs Liverpool this weekend :-)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hi Gaz. There was a feature on you in the Tameside Advertiser last week. Amazing story.
I'm in Guide Bridge so hope to see you whizzing by me one day. Neil.

Hi Neil

Thanks, The story was great yes, but the picture, not so great if I am honest, So this weekend I did some new piccys and uploaded a new video, so for anyone that saw the pics, if they see the video, they will get a better idea.

Here it is:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlIeUgw-KXc

sparty69

Quite remarkable Gaz!, well done. Whether you like it or not you are an inspiration to a large number of people:biggrin: . I'll have to keep an eye out for you. I live in Hadfield and am out and about a lot of the time, if I see you I'll stop and shake your hand.

All the best matey, keep it up.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Quite remarkable Gaz!, well done. Whether you like it or not you are an inspiration to a large number of people:biggrin: . I'll have to keep an eye out for you. I live in Hadfield and am out and about a lot of the time, if I see you I'll stop and shake your hand.

All the best matey, keep it up.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that, I'll look forward to our handshake :biggrin:

Gaz

Rhino

Honestly an inspiration to many people, myself included.

What advice would you give to a 20 stone lad wanting to lose weight and get fit via Cycling?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

What advice would you give to a 20 stone lad wanting to lose weight and get fit via Cycling?

I have responded to your topic mate :biggrin:

but as a breif overview i'd say find something you ENJOY , I can beat my self in the gym all day, but I LOVE Cycling, by doing something you enjoy you will WANT to get up on days like this , I have never had a day off due to weather, EVER !!!

Make it part of your routine and NEVER EVER Stop :biggrin:

chigman

Hi Rhino

I was a 20st 4.5lb lad 10 months ago and had to lose weight for my own well being. I used to cycle years ago and loved it, so getting back into it was a natural thing to do to lose the weight, well that coupled with a proper diet eating healthy food.

Steve

I started off with just a Brompton which I use to take away in our motor-home and did 25 milers on it to start off with. I then bought my latest bike , a Cube cross-team hybrid which I am now doing a fair few miles on each week up to around the 50 mile mark (have done one sixty mile event ride) and averaging 17-18 mph, so well chuffed with the progress I've made. Oh, I now weigh as of this morning, 14st 9lb. I am trying to get down to 14 but this last bit is being very stubborn to get off. Good luck to what ever route you go down to burn the flab mate, you just need to be committed and stick with a plan.

chigman

Hi Neil

Thanks, The story was great yes, but the picture, not so great if I am honest, So this weekend I did some new piccys and uploaded a new video, so for anyone that saw the pics, if they see the video, they will get a better idea.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MlIeUgw-KXc

I just watched your vid mate and have to say that it's unbeleivable. A massive effort which took guts to do. Nice one.

Steve

Just when I think I've done well shifting 2 stone in 2 years I watch this!!!! Awe-inspiring mate, and a bloody good foil to all of the "I've tried dieting and I just can't lose any weight" types you hear so much.
If it's OK with you and if I can figure out how, would it be OK if I linked your vid to my Facebook wall please?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just when I think I've done well shifting 2 stone in 2 years I watch this!!!! Awe-inspiring mate, and a bloody good foil to all of the "I've tried dieting and I just can't lose any weight" types you hear so much.
If it's OK with you and if I can figure out how, would it be OK if I linked your vid to my Facebook wall please?

Well done

Feel free to link it mate, the more we inspire the better

Top Bottom