And now Mayo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blonde said:
I wonder if the reason so many riders have been caught this year has more to do with the probability of being caught increasing, rather than the actual number of doping cases rising - more riders than in previous years have been tested this year, so returning more positives?

i think there is a certain amount of knowledge behind the tests too this year... Vino was long touted to be one of the 'men in black', so i'd suspect they looked at certain parameters of his test and checked for signs of blood doping.

might be the same with Mayo... this Tour was the last throw of his dice, having failed spectacularly before. they may well have been looking closely at his tests as he'd actually managed to survive the course and was in the Pyranees - then again, they were probably looking for valium in his case.

i'm not sure if they have had more tests this year, more than likely though. i'm sure that the amount of parameters for the tests has been increased, to look for more signs of manipulation.

L

U

User169

laurence said:
might be the same with Mayo... this Tour was the last throw of his dice, having failed spectacularly before. they may well have been looking closely at his tests as he'd actually managed to survive the course and was in the Pyranees - then again, they were probably looking for valium in his case.

L

McQuaid has made it clear that Mayo was indeed targetted.

OP
OP
C

cq20

I suspect that Mayo may be in with a good chance of suing his EPO supplier because it didn't do what it said on the tin. OK, I don't mean that, but it does show that EPO alone doesn’t make a stage winner. As for Cofidis's Moreni, I read somewhere that he had been seen using his tongue to give his girlfriend's tonsils a good cleaning at the beginning of the stage where he was booted out. So, maybe, he was looking for performance enhancement in areas other than cycling from the testosterone

U

User169

Chuffy said:
Wouldn't you just love to know who else was on the UCI target list...

Or to look at it another way, who could be left off?

Top Bottom