And she looked at me like I was stupid !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
So do we - if an item is quoted at a certain price on the shelf/ label and the till shows it at a higher price, we get it at the shelf/ label price. :thumbsup:

Thats not actual consumer law though...they have a right to refuse sale and it's up to the customer to demonstrate that the deal was deliberately missleading...most shops like to save face though and supermarkets have longer queues than most places.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Grinds my gears when they have the wrong product on the wrong shelf! Always in our M&S they spread the product along the empty shelf trying to make the shelves look full. If you spent more time getting your stock levels right your staff wouldn't be wasting their time narking customers off!

As for the staff member, she should have apologised profusely, summoned a Manager to cry out tears of shame for their sloppy standards and have the staff member responsible write you an 'I'm really sorry' song.

F***ing plebs!

Yeah ! I'm going back to ask for my song !

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
A common trick in Texas is to see if you are paying attention, and if not, shaft you at the till. I've lost count at the number of times an advertised on-the-shelf price miraculously increases once you get to the till. Being a canny Scot I watch the cash register like a hawk to make sure i'm not being overcharged. I'll even go through the receipt to double check once i get home. As for 'mail-in rebates', sheesh, don't get me started.

TV companies are bad too - they advertise great deals but once you get to finalising the deal they invariable shove on all manner of fees / extras + tax. Bar stewards. One favourite game of theirs is to advertise say a $200 prepaid visa card ifyou take out a particular TV package, which they claim will be sent to you in 6-8 weeks. Of course, it doesn't turn up and will never turn up and unless you hassle them for it. Nobbers.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Apart from the wrong date, wrong price wrong shelf and wrong product, you got everything else right. Well done.....
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Sainsburys today.-- Yogurts, reduced to £1.50 for 4 pots. or the other offer on top of those was for the same product, buy two for (8 pots) for £4.00. When questioned, three manager types looked, then looked again before seeing the problem.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Happened to me recently. Clearly marked DIRECTLY BELOW 4 cans of Stella @ £5.00..................got to till and it rang up £7.28.
We both went back to the shelf (leaving a long queue waiting) where I was able to show her I was correct............I was soooo proud:angel:
Then she told me............."ah-someone has put that sign in the wrong place-it applies to the smaller can........sorry"!!!
That is sooooo annoying.

gbb

Legendary Member
Sainsburys today.-- Yogurts, reduced to £1.50 for 4 pots. or the other offer on top of those was for the same product, buy two for (8 pots) for £4.00. When questioned, three manager types looked, then looked again before seeing the problem.
Yeah, they know EXACTLY what they're doing, its cynical. Knowing its a good deal, they expect folk to double up...then hit them.

Top Bottom