And she looked at me like I was stupid !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
On a serious note the milk industry needs help and fast, supermarkets are killing them..
id happily pay 50p a pint for milk or more if it keeps our milk industry alive.

as for shopping "I know my place"..and its behind the trolly..
This has been bugging me for a couple days. I went to Asda and brought 6 pints of milk for ...£1.32 :ohmy:.
Blimey I thought :smile:, that was £2 not so long ago.
Then I thought...:sad::angry:...you can't even buy 6 pints of water for that and farmers are really struggling. I'd sooner pay the extra as well.

gbb

Legendary Member
Happened to me recently. Clearly marked DIRECTLY BELOW 4 cans of Stella @ £5.00..................got to till and it rang up £7.28.
We both went back to the shelf (leaving a long queue waiting) where I was able to show her I was correct............I was soooo proud:angel:
Then she told me............."ah-someone has put that sign in the wrong place-it applies to the smaller can........sorry"!!!
That is sooooo annoying.
Yeah...someone :whistle:...I wonder ?
Seen it a lot in Asda...misplaced goods with price displays that fool you, you have to have your wits about you.
Cynical :angry:

Mrs M

Guru
Happened to me in Asda once, not hit! but charged more as item on wrong shelf.
Refused to pay up, took the "Asda colleague" to the shelf and they agreed to let me have the goods for the (wrong) price shown :smile:
Asked if I could go back and get a few more but they said no. :sad:

Lullabelle

Banana
On a serious note the milk industry needs help and fast, supermarkets are killing them..
id happily pay 50p a pint for milk or more if it keeps our milk industry alive.

as for shopping "I know my place"..and its behind the trolly..

It does seem peculiar that people would happily pay over £1 for a bottle of water but grumble at the price of milk :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In Saino's a while back, they had a BOGOF offer, but they only had one of the items left. She wanted to charge me the full price but I told her that it was the free one.
Didn't work.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm not a loud person but I never have a problem querying prices and they don't get embarrassed if it turns out I'm wrong...I usually just smile and say something like..
'Oh...you're right' ;).
Never had a negative response, during of after the query, a relaxed attitude goes a lomg way to making everyone comfortable, especially when it doesnt go how you expect.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My mrs is as sharp as a sharp thing in the supermkt..she dont miss a trick, good at seeing the special offers that are actually more expensive. Sainsburys are our favorite and m&s food halls ..
anyone else noticed how much faster we were last year over 3 furlongs with tesco bbq food?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Lidl sells 4 pints of milk for 89p. How the fark is the famer supposed to make a living from the pittance he must be being paid?

GC

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Tesco are always coming up with offers that confuse, and embarrass you when you realise you've got it wrong. One offer was buy the cheapest beer at half price and get the 4th one free or summat equally mind boggling! When i got to the till i'd picked up the wrong beers none of which were in the offer. I told myself not to get worked up and just left the store without the beer.

Stephenite

Membå
First world problems...
Second world problems too.
The neighbour (French :scratch:) asked us over for dinner the other day. It happens often. I was caught off guard, and accepted. Half an hour before the alloted time i was at the shopping centre buying a bottle of Italian wine, and the phone goes off. He's wondering if i wouldn't mind picking up a parsnip. Now, everyone knows parsnips cost ha'penny the pound. But, in Norway no. They are precious and exotic commodities sold singularly vacuum-packed in a purple polystyrene tray at £2 a piece. Top-heavy, 5-inch long, and 3 inches of it are the width of your little finger. I have to buy three of the thukers, to add that "certainement soupçon" to a reindeer stew.

Gawd bless.

Top Bottom