Fish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Now I don't eat a lot of fish but today I decided I wanted some . Rather than going to the chippy I decided to go to the fish mongers and get my own .
So there I was in Hounslow surrounded by actual fish with the fishmonger asking me what I wanted :laugh:
Not knowing what to do I pointed at the sea bass and said two of those please :unsure: He then asked me if he wanted him to clean them :unsure: so I just looked at him until he said it again :huh: I decided to say yes as the only other option was no and cleaning something sounded good to me .
Anyway I get handed a bag after a few minutes and ran away :laugh:
Now I am back home and have just looked in the bag at two fish with heads and stuff .
I'm sort of thinking I should have gone to the chip shop right now .

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
wuss

Ganymede

Veteran
Now I don't eat a lot of fish but today I decided I wanted some . Rather than going to the chippy I decided to go to the fish mongers and get my own .
So there I was in Hounslow surrounded by actual fish with the fishmonger asking me what I wanted :laugh:
Not knowing what to do I pointed at the sea bass and said two of those please :unsure: He then asked me if he wanted him to clean them :unsure: so I just looked at him until he said it again :huh: I decided to say yes as the only other option was no and cleaning something sounded good to me .
Anyway I get handed a bag after a few minutes and ran away :laugh:
Now I am back home and have just looked in the bag at two fish with heads and stuff .
I'm sort of thinking I should have gone to the chip shop right now .
You probably should have asked him to fillet them too!

You can cook them whole quite easily though, and having the head on means the flavour is better. I bake a lot of whole trout and would recommend a recipe like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/seabassroastedwithro_90285.

Have a nice dinner!

screenman

Legendary Member
Do not claim off us if you get a bone stuck, shame you did fancy a beef burger, as I am told they are easy to bake.

U

User169

[QUOTE 3451129, member: 259"]A double bass![/QUOTE]

Referee!!

young Ed

Veteran
you made a crucial mistake by the sounds of things...... you forgot to pay! you know when you go to the chippy you hand over either that metal round thing or the papery thing, they wan't the same thing at the fish monger! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I need to fillet it don't I :unsure:

Nope. Cook them whole, on the bone with the heads still on. The flavour is better that way and when it comes to eating it you'll get more than if you had filleted them (assuming you're not a professional fishmonger). Steamed is lovely but you need to be careful not to overcook or undercook them, the precise timing is size and species dependent. I'd grill them if I were you, that way you can keep an eye on them

Top Bottom