Fish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just opened one . I aint eating that !

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Kick his ass, sea bass.

I always wander past the fish counter and think how I'd like to buy some fresh fish, I wouldn't know where to start but after reading this thread I think I might go for some sea bass (cleaned and filleted I think)

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Kick his ass, sea bass.

I always wander past the fish counter and think how I'd like to buy some fresh fish, I wouldn't know where to start but after reading this thread I think I might go for some sea bass (cleaned and filleted I think)
Do it . If they ask questions just say yes . I'm going back for one of those big fish .

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Ive had one as fillets although I guess a fish monger would say I ripped the sides off :laugh:
I shall try the other with the tips given here tomorrow .
Ive just remembered I also bought two oysters to try out . I can see these going in the bin as ive just looked online and it says eat them raw :stop:
Only food snobs say you have to eat oyster raw. Like so many other things, that you "have" to consume in a certain way, there are other ways. For example, when on holiday, I like to have a glass of, wait for it, chilled red wine. Why? because I can and do enjoy it.

Oysters can be cooked - the best way I have found (purely personal) is to steam them with white wine as the steaming liquor. Yummity,yum,yum,yum. I do like them raw though, but I would never tell anyone that is the only way to eat them.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Do it . If they ask questions just say yes . I'm going back for one of those big fish .
No. If they ask questions, say "I don't eat a lot of fish. What do you recommend?"...It's in their interest to get you to come back for more, so they shouldn't point you in the wrong direction.

xzenonuk

Veteran
used to do a lot of fishing years ago, mostly trout, guess by cleaning he meant actually gutting the insides out? if so good they really really smell :tongue:

just make sure theres no scales on them, if there is get a flat sharp knife and run it backwards too front along the fishes body, and i call my self a fish keeper lol

Top Bottom