Fish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope they have been scaled or the skin will be like eating a bag of broken glass. Just grill whole until the skin starts to burn.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I seem to have got this free with them .

001_zpsf84645cb.jpg

xx(

raleighnut

Legendary Member
De-scale them by holding the tail and running a blunt (buttering) knife up towards the head until all the scales are off then use scissors to remove the fins.
A bit of olive oil and salt 'n' pepper then grill for 8-10 minutes a side serve with boiled small/new potatoes and peas with maybe a drizzle of fresh lemon juice over the fish. :hungry:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I seem to have got this free with them .

001_zpsf84645cb.jpg

xx(

It looks a bit like one of these:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...parasite-tucks-Morrisons-sea-bass-dinner.html

You seem to have won the parasite jackpot, enjoy!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
De-scale them by holding the tail and running a blunt (buttering) knife up towards the head until all the scales are off then use scissors to remove the fins.
A bit of olive oil and salt 'n' pepper then grill for 8-10 minutes a side serve with boiled small/new potatoes and peas with maybe a drizzle of fresh lemon juice over the fish. :hungry:
Spot on! Excellent advice for a fish newbie.

When you come to eat it, the trick is to cut the skin along the spine, then lift the flesh away from the bones. If it doesn't separate easily, it probably means you could do with another minute or two under the grill.

0lonerider

Veteran
i go to northshiels fish quey, most times i get whole fish gutted(5qwid deal)all fresh.
i just wash it and bake it with a few herbs! sorted

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive had one as fillets although I guess a fish monger would say I ripped the sides off :laugh:
I shall try the other with the tips given here tomorrow .
Ive just remembered I also bought two oysters to try out . I can see these going in the bin as ive just looked online and it says eat them raw :stop:

Top Bottom