And she looked at me like I was stupid !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just nipped into Tesco for a pint of milk and on the way to the till I saw three tins of tuna on a deal for £2.62 . Good price and ok for a sarnie so I grabbed the shrunk wrapped three tins and paid . At the till I was charged £3 so I questioned it . Then the walk of shame began as everyone was looking at me knowing that it was me that had got it wrong .......
She was right , it was all my fault ! Even though the price clearly stated tuna for £2.62 and the tin was just above that price the actual tuna in the tins was tuna in sunflower oil and the deal was for the tuna in brine that was on the other shelf around the corner . Also the deal ended yesterday .
I should have checked that they didn't have the wrong product on the wrong shelf at the wrong price on the wrong date :ohmy:
Oh the shame of it all !

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I say, I say, I say...what;'s the difference between a piano and a fish?

One's a musical instrument, and the other's a member of the class 'Pisces' (although this is no longer used in formal taxonomies)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It really pisses me off when they do this. I remember reading somewhere that such 'errors' - where the price actually charged fails to tally with the flashy offer at the shelf - go something like nine to one in favour of the store. Ie, sometimes they undercharge you, but nine times as often, they overcharge.

ayceejay

Guru
In Quebec we have a law whereby if the price at the till is different from the price on the shelf they have to give you the item if it is under $10 and reduce it by $10 if over 10.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
38p for milk is cheap.

Nice try but I've learned my lesson re trampling.

GC

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just nipped into Tesco for a pint of milk and on the though the till I saw three tins of tuna on a deal for £2.62 . Good price and ok for a sarnie so I grabbed the shrunk wrapped three tins and paid . At the till I was charged £3 so I questioned it . Then the walk of shame began as everyone was looking at me knowing that it was me that had got it wrong .......
She was right , it was all my fault ! Even though the price clearly stated tuna for £2.62 and the tin was just above that price the actual tuna in the tins was tuna in sunflower oil and the deal was for the tuna in brine that was on the other shelf around the corner . Also the deal ended yesterday .
I should have checked that they didn't have the wrong product on the wrong shelf at the wrong price on the wrong date :ohmy:
Oh the shame of it all !

Apart from the wrong date, wrong price wrong shelf and wrong product, you got everything else right. Well done.....

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
In Quebec we have a law whereby if the price at the till is different from the price on the shelf they have to give you the item if it is under $10 and reduce it by $10 if over 10.
Fantastic. Why can't we do that? Oh, hang on, because 'we' are the ones doing the ripping off. Silly me.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
So do we - if an item is quoted at a certain price on the shelf/ label and the till shows it at a higher price, we get it at the shelf/ label price. :thumbsup:

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Grinds my gears when they have the wrong product on the wrong shelf! Always in our M&S they spread the product along the empty shelf trying to make the shelves look full. If you spent more time getting your stock levels right your staff wouldn't be wasting their time narking customers off!

As for the staff member, she should have apologised profusely, summoned a Manager to cry out tears of shame for their sloppy standards and have the staff member responsible write you an 'I'm really sorry' song.

F***ing plebs!

Top Bottom